BTC goes up 50% in 4 weeks and...

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Pekelo, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

...nobody ejaculates here? What happened to you guys?

I mean this run was pretty impressive, it is a 100% over 8 weeks, time to celebrate!!!

Edit: It was 2 weeks not 4, my bad...

2. CenFlo

CenFlo

Sold a few of mine to take advantage of the price move.

3. Hoi

Hoi

We are just tired, explaining ET-Trolls that their ignorance is their greatest enemy.

Why waste energy? We can just sit and relax, watching the moon-launch, eating popcorn....

The Network-effect is spreading the World rapidly: 1 million users/merchants starting this year will be 5 million at the end of this year, and 30 million a year later. Prices-charts will show accordingly. Nothing can stop a disruptive invention.

No not yet.... just wait till 2017.

4. We are all still underwater from buying at 1000 :D

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Understandable, but you should just be posting here your trades and profits. Nothing speaks as clearly as profits. :)

Assuming of course you are actively trading BTC, but I think you are holding it forever...CenFlo has the right idea, sell at every runup, buy the drops...

6. CenFlo

CenFlo

I bought a couple of months back when the price took a decent drop.

I didn't buy at the bottom and was reluctant to buy more when it dropped below $400 not to long ago.

I'm in the financial markets all day long, so I might as well keep an eye on the BTC market as well, which I do.

Figured why not, sell a few and take profit while it's there, sold 1/3 of my holdings.

7. Hoi

Hoi

Indeed, I don't day-trade. But I do buy on dips and hold for ever (will hold till at least 2016/2017 or $7000, what ever comes first). And yes, I'm hugely in profit (bought on $120 a year ago and some extra on $450 just 2 weeks ago).

But I spend BTC as well: everything I buy I try to find a merchant who accepts BTC or I ask them to consider it soon (and that works). These spend BTC, I buy back on dips (this way I keep holding my stake and promoting the ecosystem as well).

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Here is what I don't get, and this post is more about the Winklewosses than you. If a person is convinced that bitcoin is going to the moon, that is still not a good reason not to play the market, at least the huge swings, not the daily fluctuations. When BTC was over 1000 it was so obvious that it was overvalued that simply holding it (no matter how big fan you are) just didn't make sense.

So for a big holder like the Winklewoss (who with their size can actually effect the market) I would have sold in blocks when over 1000. It would have a chilling effect on the market on fire, which is not always a bad thing. Once the market crashed or stabilized at a lower level, they should have started buying, which would have put a nice floor to the crash.

My point is that beside making more money and ultimately owning even more coins, they would have helped to STABILIZE the market which in the long run is a desired effect.

So I just don't get why they are not playing the market and helping it to grow with a more even speed...They would be owning 2% of all coins by now instead of 1%...

-----------------------------------

Going back to ET and the general reaction here to BTC, you could post papertrades here (and we don't know that they are not real anyway), just to show how relatively easy it is to play the huge swings of bitcoin...

9. Hoi

Hoi

When you are convinced that market goes to $40.000 (like the Winkle-twins do) then the $1000 peak is just a ripple. Like the $270 ripple 6 months before. It's just too much risk for them to sell at a "perceived top", which happened to be no top after the fact, and then see the market going up and up without you...

Further: until there are professional exchanges: trading these kinds of amounts is much too risky (chances are that the Winkle-twins would be Goxed). Better to keep those precious coins in guarded offline wallets.

10. I'm in a similar situation. I passively followed bitcoin for a while. Damn, I wish would have bought that USB mining stick from Amazon back in 2010/2011. Last spring, I observed the bubble and was surprised it went so high. In May or June, I sent a couple hundred bucks to Campbx thinking it would be fun to just trade the stuff. I was thinking at the time that BTC was a joke. Got ripped off by Campbx before even commencing trading and ended up buying 7 or 8 Casascius 1.0 BTC coins and a couple of BTC off Ebay for $125- $190. When SR went down and rebounded, I bought about 70 BTC as quickly as possible. It seems like Coinbase limited me to 10 a day as I was level II at the time. Purchase price: almost all 125-200. Also, bought some LTC which I magnified into hundreds in a few days by selling on EBay for 300% rips (sell first then buy with Paypal funds). Ebay didn't like that and slapped me on the hand. Some Ebay sales proceeds were lost but it was net positive selling on Ebay. Then I sold some of my bitcoins in the 800's and almost all of the LTC at 38. Not bad for a few weeks. Keep in mind my LTC cost basis was negative when I sold. Since then, I have done some swing trading of BTC and LTC and re-invested what I sold. I have traded some alts with mixed success. The best results were from dogecoin. Sold some of that stuff on Ebay and elsewhere for about 50% mark-ups and once had over 3 million doge that I sold at between 180 and 290. I had a great auroracoin trade which got nixed by the Poloniex exchange freezing funds while aurora plummeted. NMC and PPC were small losers.

I can't find any successful and frequent day-trading or arbitrage opportunities in these coins, but I'm always looking. It is gonna be great when Wall Street comes on board and there are more exchanges and better margin trading, options, etc. I will definitely sell a portion of these coins when they get bubbletastic again. In general, I am an investor and would be looking to buy back more BTC at a lower price with the proceeds. With each big move or "score," I intend to buy something tangible. After the big move last fall, I bought a leather recliner. I'm going on a trip in a month. My goal is to keep my total investment or cost basis about $0 or slightly negative. That way, if crypto goes to crap I had some fun and have some good memories and a few tangible items.

Go BTC! Go LTC!

#10     Jun 4, 2014