BTC ATH right now. over $8000/btc!

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tibster

Tibster

Because it's more complex under the hood. We send money to a target account and if it's in another bank, the bank forwards that to a centralized clearing system that can take a day or 2 to settle. It requires an authority to slap the hands of those who would default on their settlement and there are regulations to go through to access this system.

For example in Canada : https://www.bankofcanada.ca/core-functions/financial-system/canadas-major-payments-systems/

That's for canadian settlements. It says in there that if the sender defaults, the receiver absorbs the loss. Now immagine international settlements.

With a developed futures market in each major currency, you can do international settlements in Bitcoin directly without a central authority and without the risk of transaction rollback. The receiving party will use their currency of choice futures to lock in the rate. At any point they can sell their bitcoin at spot and close their futures to receive their local currency.

#41     Nov 21, 2017
    Hoi likes this.
  2. noddyboy

noddyboy

Is it really? What is the market cap of the dot com bubble?

#42     Nov 21, 2017
  3. Hello,

My opinion is there is no problem investing in Bitcoin, just make sure it's an investment you can withstand losing all of it. I invested a small portion, just to say I did it. If it goes up, good. If it goes down, oh well.

#43     Nov 21, 2017
  4. IOTArrr

IOTArrr

6+ trillion market cap in inflation unadjusted 2000 USD. But there were a lot more accounts that had access to the dot com bubble (specifically retirement) than currently in crypto (will change eventually). Current crypto market cap is approx 250 billion so 1/25.

What a time to be alive

#44     Nov 21, 2017
  5. algofy

algofy

Lot's of pretty little graphs on this thread!

#45     Nov 21, 2017
  6. Magna

Magna Administrator

Guys, this thread is closed. Please post BTC prices, etc. on the new consolidated Bitcoin Price Thread.

#46     Nov 26, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.