BTC ATH right now. over $8000/btc!

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoi

Hoi

#31     Nov 21, 2017
    Macca1 likes this.
  2. Surprise

Surprise

#32     Nov 21, 2017
  3. Hoi

Hoi

You are to dumb to reply seriously to. See you in 4 years (like I did with some other ET posters from 2013).

#33     Nov 21, 2017
    Macca1 likes this.
  4. schweiz

schweiz

That story can be told the other way around too and then it would go like this:

A man wanted to buy a house but the problem was that he had not enough bitcoins.He calculated that his bitcoins would have to go to $4,800 to reach the converted amount in USD to buy the house. On september, 1 he reached that price and he bought the house. He should pay on september, 14 after the inspection was done and all paperwork was ready. No problem for him as the bitcoin only goes up. On september, 14 the bitcoin was at $3,500 and the buyer could not pay the house. He had to cancel the transaction and lost a lot of money in the cancelled transaction.

It is clear that the original story was purely salestalk. And was published by bitcoin believers, or rather people who make money from the bitcoin hype.

In many businesses they hedge all risks in foreign currency to protect their profits. They don't want bitcoin risks. So in serious companies bitcoins are not accepted. If they are, the risk should be calculated in the selling price, or in other words the buyer will pay a premuim for the risk the seller takes. A very expensive commission.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    #34     Nov 21, 2017
  5. Tibster

Tibster

In a month they can remove currency risks with USD settled futures. That scare story will be a non issue in 2018.

#35     Nov 21, 2017
  6. Surprise

Surprise

7. Good post Surpise,

And this is the reason why its difficult for a normal everyday hard working person to make an substantial investment in Bitcoin. Its just too complicated and the risk of losing my money outweights the reward. I made $400 investment in bitcoin just for day trading with the assumption that I could lose it all.

I mean, as far as a long term investment, i will stick to Vanguard S&P 500 index fund. It's just easier that way. No time to be playing with the hacking people.

#37     Nov 21, 2017
  8. schweiz

schweiz

They will have extra costs and people who should do the follow up. A lot of additional complications without any economical value. What will they receive EXTRA in return for doing these unnecessary things?
    Why all these risks if you can just say: payment must be in USD, EURO, GBP or JPY?

Or should they please the bitcoin believers?

#38     Nov 21, 2017
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Well of course he thinks it's going to $10000 by the end of 2017 because he raising cash for a Crypto fund .....duhhhhhhhh....

Even after a huge move already this year, investing magnate Mike Novogratz sees cryptocurrencies making another leg up before 2017 comes to a close.

Bitcoin should finish the year at $10,000 while ethereum is likely to close at $500, the head of Galaxy Investment Partners former head of the Fortress Investment hedge fund, told Bloomberg television in an interview. That would represent respective gains of 20 percent and 36 percent from their prices quoted Tuesday morning on CoinDesk.

Novogratz is one of the market's biggest digital currency bulls and is in the midst of raising cash for a crypto fund that he hopes to reach $500 million.

://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/21/novogratz-bitcoin-is-digital-gold-and-will-end-the-year-at-10000.html

#39     Nov 21, 2017
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Bitcoin bubble just keeps getting bigger and bigger....biggest bubble ever in history of mankind!!!

This is bigger than the dot com bubble !!!

#40     Nov 21, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.