BT ratings

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by OHLC, May 26, 2002.

1. "He spends time in the forum not to "help" traders, but to market his seminars and to recruit traders. He uses the forum as if it were his own private marketing and sales tool.

Or does anyone really believe he doing all this "helping" out of the goodness of his heart?"

why cant he be doing both.i dont see the problem with recruting.if a trader is recruited by the brights and doesnt like it he can leave easily.its not like he is locked into anything.if bright required a contract that locked people in i would be on your side.bottom line is that if a new trader goes to bright and leaves in a month i think he will still have gained valuable knowledge.i try to see both sides of this argument.i personaly cant see any reason to trade in a bright office at this point in my trading ,(other than leverage)but it took me several years to get to that point and a lot of $.i know my learning curve would have been shorter if i had taken a bright class in the beginning.

#71     Aug 31, 2002
  2. I said it would be worth $1000 to me. I didn't say it would be worth $1000 to the successful trader. :D

Consider this.. If I pay $10,000 to the successful trader, and for whatever reason, it doesn't work out, I am REALLY screwed.

I traded in the office for a while. There were successful traders there. I got the very distinct impression they were there to trade, not teach. It is true, that over time, you might develope a friendship with someone. But that sort of friendship takes a while to grow, and will be based on the personalities involved. Just because I need a friend, doesn't mean I will find one.

So I think making a decision to trade anywhere and planning on making a friend to help you trade will be a bad proposition in the end.

Better to find a friend to drink beer with. :D

#72     Aug 31, 2002
  3. 777 YOU REALLY NEED SOME HELP BRO. LET IT GO.
    Although I know nothing about the Brights....even I KNOW that Bob is the great trader and although Don might be a good trader......HE is the PR guy.
    PLS dont reply to this..... I know...I Know you are not the bitter geek you come off as....you are the DEFENDER of the poor idiots that buy into Dons hype.
    LET IT GO.

#73     Aug 31, 2002
  4. sub7slak

sub7slak

How does one become a "senior member" or even "elite member", my own profile say I'm a "junior member"... and are "moderator" and "administrator" people who created this board? Thanks!

#74     Aug 31, 2002
  5. You have to be special ...

#75     Aug 31, 2002
  6. sub7slak

sub7slak

hey thanks for the help, do me a favor and not give me so much info next time alright, my brain can't take it all in you know what I'm saying? alright alright I ain't stupid, I see that you have like over 1000 posts to your record, so I guess that's it...gotta earn my respect. So Elite Member is like being a 'made' man, I like that! I am like the new guy (like Donny), I can't even post a rating for brokers until I done a few things...haha, alright...I'll make my mark

peace metooxx

#76     Sep 1, 2002
  7. The first thing you should do is get rid of that idiotic picture as a signature - it has you pegged as a 12 year old.

After that, you'll need to make a few postings.

#77     Sep 1, 2002
  8. axehawk,

So far, I have no intention to tell people in public what firm I'm trading with. Maybe someday I will.
    I stated that it is the BENEFIT of trading with another firm (I really meant the firm I'm with now, not just any another one) outweighs the exchange fee, not the NAME of this firm.
    I can answer you then perceived benefits were:
    First, I would associate with people I prefer.
    Second, by seeing traders in the office and how they were trading (both firms), also, by how Don and Bob emphasized (during the class) that talk to their office managers after close, they were paid for doing that, I thought that I would get more help if I would look for at the other firm.
    Additionally, I thought to myself that I could consider that I paid that exchange fee because of my naive nature. I should've waited to when I wire my starting capital to pay exchange fee, not simply following Don and Bob's instruction on that Thursday.

#78     Sep 1, 2002