BT ratings

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by OHLC, May 26, 2002.

1. No, we use Apple II+ with a 13" green monitor....but still out trade the competition.....lol

Don

#51     Aug 30, 2002
  2. exce26

exce26

Don!
    How much do you charge for 1 contract of E mini future?

#52     Aug 30, 2002
  3. OHLC

OHLC

>
    No, we use Apple II+ with a 13" green monitor....but still out trade the competition.....lol

Don
    >

Don, weren't you supposed to upgrade this in favor of these newer models of tradestations ?!?

#53     Aug 30, 2002
  4. Way too much, we haven't bothered negotiating rates since we don't encourage trading the e's. I suggest you use a retail broker. When we list the SSF's, we will consider getting competive pricing with our clearing firms.

Don

#54     Aug 30, 2002
  5. I like it, the ticker tapes fit right into our "theme" with our Las Vegas murals....

Don :)

#55     Aug 30, 2002
  6. Another trick of the salesman is when they are asked a direct question, rather than answer it they make a joke about of the question.

For instance:

Q: Mr. Prop firm representative, what percentage of the people make money on trades at your firm?

A: A lot of people make money on every trade. The winner makes money, the brokerage firms clearing the trade makes money, and of course we make money on commissions.....hahahahahah.

By getting the person asking the question to laugh or become misdirected, or begin to doubt the validity of the question or whether he has the right to ask the question, the salesman accomplishes 2 things.

Number one, he didn't answer the question.

Number two, he has taken control of the situation and will then redirect the potential buyer to a different top by a redirect question, or hope the question simply goes away.

The key when dealing with this type of salesman/marketeer is to not let them off of the hook. No matter how much charm they try to turn on to dodge an issue, stay focused and keep to the topic at hand.

Either ask them the exact same question again, or ask they why they didn't answer the question. This puts them back on the defensive, and puts you back in control of the process, which is the antithesis of what they want to happen in the game they are playing.

For those who get easily distracted by the manipulative games of a salesman, always write down your questions on paper before asking them, and make sure you write down the answer the salesman gives you to the question. Never, never make a decision with the salesman having an involvement in the decision making process. Step away from the sales presentation and go somewhere else to make a decision, and if possible consult an objective party to help you reach a clear decision. This helps to keep you on track. If you don't get simple direct and verifiable answers to your questions---walk away while you have a chance.

Never forget you are in control of the process until you relinquish that control to a salesman.

#56     Aug 30, 2002
  7. Option,

This Don bashing is really getting old. I would think that people who are getting into prop trading and checking out the different firms would have the sense to know if Don Bright is talking bullshit or not. We don't need anyone to babysit for us.
    You sound like someone who is really pissed off at Don. I can only guess at two reasons for this anger, namely:
    1. you were abused by Don Bright as a child, and
    2. you are an ex-Bright trader who lost money
    while trading with them (not necessarily their
    fault).

I hope it is just the latter and not the former.:)
    I also hope that you can channel all your negative energy against Don into something more productive - like trading profitably.
    Cheers.

#57     Aug 30, 2002
  8. Your guesses are incorrect.

What you see as negative, others have commented privately to me is positive. Whom am I to believe?

#58     Aug 30, 2002
  9. mrktwiz

mrktwiz

...here on ET, but I always want to listen to the "other" side of my personal opinion...till I get to pissed-off to read it anymore...lol.....I'm still im-perfect.....as are others....

Good trading all....

mrktwiz :D

#59     Aug 30, 2002
  10. When you think this is Don Bashing, have you ever take a step back and think for a second, why there is no (insert another name) bashing?
    As I stated in another post that I've met Don, talked to him, watched him trading and went to his school. From those experience and reading his posts here, all I can say is that there are a few people, like Optional777, who can see what/how Don is trying to do, and can communicate their ideas/views to ET members clearly and precisely. I believe that work done by likes of Optional777 can only make this board better.
    If you have time, take a look at Don's today's post on TonySanDiegoTries to trade thread in Journal's section and see what Don is REALLY trying to do. If you have time you can find his another post in the same thread a while back trying to sale Tony his $1K seminar. I just can't see those posts by Don can be any good to the board.

#60     Aug 31, 2002