BT ratings

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by OHLC, May 26, 2002.

1. Sorry Bryan, but I wish you would re-visit some of the offices...all who want it, got it. Things change, usually for the better.

As far as 777 goes, it's too bad that he has this giant mis-perception of what I (we) do. All those "tricks" as you call them are news to me. I'm simply not that complex, with all these "devious" psychological tricks in my arsenal. But proving that is like trying to prove a negative, and I guess we'll just have to let it go.

My previous post was simply an attempt at communication, to try to get an insight into why there is such a problem. I'm a pretty mellow person, and would rather get along than not. The days of the "pit wars" with people are long over, and I feel very comfortable and happy with the World.

Anyway, I wish you the best...

Don

#41     Aug 30, 2002
  2. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

don,

just making a simple statement of fact. how much do u charge your customers for internet access?

#42     Aug 30, 2002
  3. Sure, Don. You never engage in "pit wars" and never trash the competition, you are above it all. You don't practice psychological tricks, you don't trash your competitors, you just try to "communicate." Ya, right.....

Well.....your words tell a different story of your practices and your methods:

Quotes from Don on this thread.....

I responded privately, not wanting to lower myself to this silliness. The "ratings" are what brought me to this board to begin with...We can equate negative comments to the way that some must try to make themselves look good by putting down others. All I ever ask is for sensible people to to their own research and not be swayed by every dog nipping at our toes.

Don

So those who criticize you are just "dogs nipping at your toes?" What a positive characterization that doesn't try to make your detractors look bad and make you look good.

More from Don on this thread......

Most of that silliness occurred quite a while back when some "errant recruiters" thought they were being cute with the ratings game. Since I could easily have 500 traders post 100% tomorrow, we just haven't bothered with them anymore. We have gotten past the silly mudslinging on the board, and the stronger are still growing, and some of the detractors have given up their childish attempts to stay in business.

Don

Those who cross you are deemed: "errant" "silly" "childish" and "dogs nipping at your toes" as you are so above mudslinging and stooping to such psychological tricks as trying to make your detractors look bad and make yourself look good.

You try to minimize the criticisms of others as "silly and childish" but your comments are always so adult and rational, isn't that what you are trying to convince us of?

You don't practice what you preach Don, but then most con men are that way. They say one thing, and do another......

I have a "giant misperception of you?" I don't see how anyone who reads what you say could not see the duplicity in your statements and comments.

#43     Aug 30, 2002
  4. Thanks once again for allowing me to prove my points. The term "errant recruiters" came directly from the (2) firms in question when I spoke directly to the owners. Perhaps they were playing a "game" as you call it, but I took them at their word, and the "silliness" (as I call it) stopped. I don't need to "publicize" everything related to our business operations, but I've been pretty straight forward, and obviously more open than most.

I'm really sorry that you have such a jaundiced view of World....sometimes, things are really just as they appear, and not some wild conspiracy. I'm not attacking you or anything, I just don't like to see anyone having such problems on my account. I'm sure there are much more constructive things to do with your time....(but what the Hell do I know, I'm here debating with you??) :)

Have a good holiday weekend!

Don

#44     Aug 30, 2002
  5. So my view of the wold is jaundiced and your world view is the correct view?

That you prove points to yourself and evaluate my world perspective simply reinforces my conclusion of about your unabated narcisicm.

You always have an answer for criticism, and the answer is that the critics are childish, silly, jaundiced etc.---and you are just plain and simple old Don working tirelessly to make America a safer place for traders.

Once again you demonstrate your consistent M.O. is always the same in dealing with detractors, and it is that consistency that will allow those to come to their own conclusions about the proof of what you are pudding forth.

Consistent in your mechanisms to a fault, with a continuing demonstration that the hobgoblin ways of a small minded thinking borne out of the egocentric perspective of a marketing manager are easily identifiable to those who have an objective perspective on this issue.

Follow the money....it always leads to the real motivation of a businessman.

#45     Aug 30, 2002
  6. mrktwiz

mrktwiz

RE> Internet acces at Bright

I was talking to my friend (a Bright Trader in Las Vegas) he says he has internet access right athis station. no mention of any additional charges in fact....he mentioned that Robert had talked to him asking him about a new hypothetical desk fee model with a MUCH lower commision fee ( I know how much but I'll let Don spill it if they put it in place)...and NO mention of additional internet access fees. He can acess the internet, chat etc....anytime he wants too, He DOESN'T chat during the day or "surf" because he is completly focused on his job though.

Optional777.....I appreciate your commments to me but I'll keep my opinion of Don and Robert Bright and I'm sure I won't change yours either so I wish you peace and luck in your endevours.

Good trading all...

mrktwiz

#46     Aug 30, 2002
  7. I'm not a prop trader, and after doing some research I have formed a negative opinion on some of the sales and marketing tactics of these firms. But, they have a right to exist, and for some people they are really the best thing. Also, remember that this board is FREE, and the only reason it is free is because of the businesses that use it for marketing, like Bright. You have to tolerate some salesmanship and ads in order to get things for free sometimes. Don't get too upset over it, or else we might be asked to pay a subscription fee.

#47     Aug 30, 2002
  8. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

when i was there they charged for everything...glad to hear they aren't nickle and diming the customers. i'm still waiting to be reimbursed for paying $600 a month for redi-plus!!!!!

#48     Aug 30, 2002
  9. exce26

exce26

Are they still use window 98NT, 64ram computer with 14inch monitor?
    :p

#49     Aug 30, 2002
  10. mrktwiz

mrktwiz

as far as I know, my friend currently is only paying $400.00 per mos desk fee's , that includes internet access and everything he needs to trade. He has said that he is very happy, struggling to get his head around the tape reading and "Bright Way" of trading (as most new traders are) but he is getting a lot of help, and now he said Bright held a meeting earlier this week and they are revamping their "new trader" training and really focusing on helping the new traders become successfull, he was really telling me NOW! is the time for me to jump get the S7 and get out to Vegas....he feels it's a great opportunity right now at BT.

I want to watch him for a few more months to see what happens but if this economy stays flat (especially here in the Sillycon Valley) and I cannot find work, I may be out their in Vegas MUCH sooner....lol

Take care, just what I've heasrd from my friend at BT.

Good trading all....

Mrktwiz

#50     Aug 30, 2002