BSNBC At It Again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Is it hard to be you? To have all your successes handed to you because you meet a quota?

#11     Dec 15, 2011
  2. pspr

pspr

Yeah, I just noticed Obama and the Dems got this attached to the Defense Bill.

Indefinate detention of any American the government decides is a "terrorist". I don't think this will stand up if challenged on Constitutional grounds.

Obama should have let most, if not all, of the Patriot Act provisions expire as they were designed to do. This big all powerful government scares and annoys me.

I like most of Ron Paul's domestic agenda in this regard, its his foreign policy that I find most fault with.

#12     Dec 15, 2011

3. Fact Sheet: Extraordinary Rendition
    December 6, 2005

Beginning in the early 1990s and continuing to this day, the Central Intelligence Agency, together with other U.S. government agencies, has utilized an intelligence-gathering program involving the transfer of foreign nationals suspected of involvement in terrorism to detention and interrogation in countries where -- in the CIA's view -- federal and international legal safeguards do not apply. Suspects are detained and interrogated either by U.S. personnel at U.S.-run detention facilities outside U.S. sovereign territory or, alternatively, are handed over to the custody of foreign agents for interrogation. In both instances, interrogation methods are employed that do not comport with federal and internationally recognized standards. This program is commonly known as "extraordinary rendition."

http://www.aclu.org/national-security/fact-sheet-extraordinary-rendition

#13     Dec 15, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Theoretically no, but our SCOTUS doesn't have a good reputation on this sort of thing.

Obviously Odumbo had no problem with the Patriot Act despite all his campaign lies and rhetoric to the contrary.

Based on a test someone posted yesterday I agree with about 70% of Paul's positions. A similar test I took in 2008 yielded a best match of only 50%. And that was with a candidate that had already dropped out the race.

#14     Dec 15, 2011
  5. Democrats HAVE TO PLAY THE RACE THINGY.. they have the Black Vote sewed up at the 95% level.. Think of all the close races in the past decades, without that Black Vote they would be completely vanished from the American scene... They have to paint the opposition as racist white people... I could never vote for a party that does cheap shots like that all the time...

#15     Dec 15, 2011