BSC third fund in trouble

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sobemark, Jul 31, 2007.

1. No, this is serious but won't be brushed off like in late Feb.

This is the global correction every bear has been longing for.

#11     Jul 31, 2007
  2. In the old days during a market upheaval you would get a run on the banks.

In today's market upheaval it looks like we are seeing a run on Hedge Funds (HF). Whereas with a bank they can get more cash not so easy with an HF that has to sell dodgy and worthleess CDO assets. Their answer is to freeze HF redemptions.

I expect us to see more HF issues this week - watch out as they are forced to sell equity assets to offset losses with CDO assets and freeze redemptions.

#12     Jul 31, 2007
  3. Lol you already got your correction last week and this week. Either make money now or it's too late.

#13     Jul 31, 2007
  4. stock you keep on believing this is nothing big. the market doesn't agree with you. i think i'll go with the market. keep on drinking that kool-aid though.

#14     Jul 31, 2007
  5. stock trad3r, I have watched you make post after post belittling this stuff.
    I went flat on my spec acct on the 20th, when all kinds of momo stocks cracked on the GOOG earnings news. That was a sign that worse things were coming, and this liquidity crisis is for real.
    As I write this, gold is cracking again, down 4 right away on this news. To a lot of people this doesn't make sense. Actually, though, it makes perfect sense. If you look at what happened in 2000, gold itself didn't move much, and gold stocks got cut in half, bottoming in November before they began the first rally that signalled the bull market they've been in, with interruptions, of course, since then.
    That crack in 2000 was related to liquidity drying up - the Fed continued to increase rates until May that year, when it moved the Fed Funds rate up by .50%, possibly the stupidest Fed increase since the Depression - and when the stocks began to move in Nov, it was on anticipation of multiple Fed easings, an anticipation that was realized, of course.
    This will end when Bernanke finally realizes that he needs to cut, and acts. Not before. You can take that to the bank: the Fed or any other. Your first sign that he will ease will be gold stocks moving up.
    Unless he moves tomorrow. You never know. But so far, a bet on his lack of discernment, intelligence and courage has been a winning bet.

#15     Jul 31, 2007
  6. The market has been agreeing with me for the past three years. A 6% sell off is not a major trend reversal. The market is obcessed with loans and subprimes. Soon that will pass.

Just remember that when the markets rebound they rebound fast.

#16     Jul 31, 2007
  7. GTS

GTS

Not as fast as when they sell-off. Its always faster on the way down.

#17     Jul 31, 2007
  8. trefoil you brought up a good concept about 2000, I would study the charts of the major markets in terms how they reacted post 2000.

some strats:

1) dollar devaluation
    2) commodity explosion
    3) bonds going through the roof
    4) equities spiking down and consolidating, took two years to come out of that gloom and doom.

Initially the dollar seems to be gaining strength from flight to quality since, gold hasn't been behaving as well.

study the implications of massive deflation.

#18     Jul 31, 2007
  9. ES already down 10 handles .. not even figuring for FV ..

#19     Jul 31, 2007

10. ????????????????????????????????

are you kidding me ?? LOL

#20     Jul 31, 2007