BSC should have fired that guy...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Dustin, May 5, 2003.

1. Dustin

Dustin

Anyone get a piece of that buy program? It was just like what happened last year when that BSC trader added a few zero's to his program. I think they realized the mistake once the orders got to around "F" on the list because I only saw the action in stocks that start with A-E.

2. Dustin

Dustin

Does anyone here actually trade? Look CB CAG CAM EXC at 14:40.

3. Magna

Magna Administrator

Quite impressive spike-ups! As I only trade the minis, and absolutely nothing out of the ordinary happened at 14:40, I wasn't even aware of that kind of movement.

4. range

range

Impressive! What happened?

5. Dustin

Dustin

Here's the link to when it happened last time:

10-02-02: "As a result of a clerical error at approximately 3:40 p.m. today, Bear Stearns entered orders to sell $4 billion worth of S&P securities. The orders should have been entered as $4 million. All but $622 million of the orders were cancelled prior to execution. The firm has advised the NYSE that the risk from the executed orders has been substantially hedged."

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9468&perpage=6&pagenumber=6

-----------

I figure the same thing happened today, just on a smaller scale. I'm suprised Briefing doesn't have anything on it.

6. If I remember correctly the trade went his way. :cool: No shocker there.

7. How are you supposed to get a 'piece' of something like that? More likely it will get a piece of you. Also, volume was not all that intense on those names, so what to make of it?

8. Dustin

Dustin

If I told you that I would have to kill you. Get creative!

9. Yep, stock goes nuts , no one has a clue as to what's going on, and there's supposedly a creative way to play this and make money in the long run.

That's why I'm still a pauper, and youz guys have all the moolah.