BSC price rumor

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Googling? Im going to Mark Cuban website. A great non-biased website dedicated to showing us poor shareholders the truth about companies. Just like he did with CFSG!!! :D

#11     Mar 15, 2008
  2. It says "as low as 15"

When i was younger i once went to a car dealership where the newspaper said they had cars for sale "as low as $999" But go figure when i went to the lot, there were no $999 cars. Cheapest car was 6k.

I've also been to computer warehouses where they advertise computers "as low as $299" Go figure that 1 computer is 299 but most of them at least 600 to 1500.

Ive also been to furniture stores where couches "start at 299" But when you get there, just like the car dealership, those ones have sold and the cheapest couch is 699 now and much uglier than the one advertised.

#12     Mar 15, 2008
  3. Brilliant analogy. You should really stop embarrassing yourself. Perhaps the mods will take pity and delete this thread.

Zero probability of BSC touching $38 again.

#13     Mar 15, 2008
  4. paden

paden

"as low as $15 a share or less"

#14     Mar 15, 2008
  5. I have no opinion on BSC's price (outside of hoping that he'll trade with the same intensity he did on Friday so that I can make back the money I made by becoming an investor for 10 points at 43.12) but it is way too presumptuous for you to say there is "zero probability of BSC touching 38." The options market disagrees with you, and I make that remark not in the slightest bit as an attempt to suggest options traders know with any degree of accuracy the future... just to say that traders shouldn't think in terms of "zero probability," especially when a market has traded at the given price that is now "zero probability" in the recent past. BSC could trade back to $160. I really really don't think it it ever will... that, $160, I am tempted to say is zero probability. But I won't say that, and the reason is that I've lasted long enough in this game to have taken enough huge, devastating hits, all of which have taught me that when I think there's 0 probability of the price hitting a certain level, there is usually a much higher probability of that level being hit than any common human logic can dictate. If statistical analysis of that security suggests that for price to hit level X it's a 7 SD event, it may only be a 2 SD event.

From what I saw on the tape thursday (not that anyone should listen to anything I have to say about properly trading BSC - I lost 10 points in an intraday short term scalp position!), assume NOTHING and when the stock establishes a small range (not one you see on a chart - the stock moves too quickly..
    just if it can't break arca .10 or nsdq .15, with high volume on both ends, and then you see it printing .17, the .20s and .25s are probably a good buy) and breaks out of it, go with that breakout and limit half your position out into strength and bang the market key on the other half once momentum shows a sign of subsiding

#15     Mar 16, 2008
  6. Why quibble over words? If he'd said "essentially zero chance" or "2% chance" of ever seeing $38 again, he's probably right.

My prediction: either there's a buyout announced Monday morning or the stock gets halted and they announce bankruptcy in a few days. This is eerily like Refco.

#16     Mar 16, 2008
  7. Wierd. BSC cleared for horrible scumbag firms. I can't imaging what 'positions' are on those books.

However, we're trading against the US Govt and their (our) money, so anything can happen. It could be ridiculously high if Paulson is nudging JPM in the ribs.

Think about what Buffett would offer. He's obviously not interested because he knows the business, but this is one can of worms. I closed out my shorts, and will now play UBS. No upside, and they're next, them or Lehman, but I hear UBS.

It's so hard to trade, and they screwed me out of thirty points. That dog should have sniffed zero Friday. Read Gretchen in today's NY Times. Good factual article on the disaster - not the failing, they deserved that. The bailout.

#17     Mar 16, 2008
  8. Fly you may not know what posistions the bear has on now, but the other desks do and they have been and will continue firing away at them until bear cries uncle, what price the stock is at that point? I'd say cut in half for starters. Those of us who have been around for more than a couple years have seen this play out before. It's survival of the fittest time, ans poor old bear is probably going to get beaten up (at the least).

#18     Mar 16, 2008
  9. Looks like the new "rumor" is 20.

#19     Mar 16, 2008
  10. 24.99 maybe 25.00. I know a guy who knows a guy whose brother in law works for the carpet cleaning company at JP Morgan. So there!

#20     Mar 16, 2008