BSC JPM deal done for $20ish a share

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by subban, Mar 16, 2008.

1. cstfx

cstfx

Did Bear get a capital infusion from one of those SWF last year, and if so who? What major player is going to take a MAJOR hit on this news?

#21     Mar 16, 2008
  2. subban

subban

Whoops..$2...this is like a flea market bargain basement sale..is Lehman worth $5??

#22     Mar 16, 2008
  3. cstfx

cstfx

British Billionaire Joseph Lewis bought north of 11MM shares of Bear at average price of 107/sh for 1.2B USD. Today that stake is worth a little over 22MM USD.

#23     Mar 16, 2008
  4. StkWiz

StkWiz

Just a quick question to experienced guys. What happens to brokers like IB, Scottrade, ETrade if they had lot of people who had bought the shares on margin and now there accounts are upside down.
    Will this put lot of small brokers in trouble?

#24     Mar 16, 2008
  5. StkWiz

StkWiz

Bump...anyone know the answer to this?

#25     Mar 16, 2008
  6. synchro

synchro

I think CITIC had a stock swap with Bear Stearns a couple delusions and falling knife episdoes ago. I wouldn't be surprised if CITIC's deal guy reponsible for this one is now assembling toxic Chinese toys for $1 an hour.

#26     Mar 16, 2008
  7. synchro

synchro

If BSC is the only stock in the suckers' portfolio, the brokers may be left holding the bag -- or i guess the repo man will be getting a call from the brokers to try to reclaim something.

Otherwise the broker will rip off the suckers' faces by selling the suckers' other stocks from under them to repay the margin loans.

#27     Mar 16, 2008