BSC= Deal of the century?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 15, 2008.

1. With the FED set to cut rates on Tuesday? I dunno about that. If so, might be a nice set-up for a long. In any event, I'll let the price action tell me which way to lean.

#21     Mar 15, 2008
  2. look where cutting rates has gotten us...

shyt, cut it zero.

poor CNBC has its long only hamsters saying "I like XYZ here, it could go lower, but I would buy it here"

the low will be in when they cancel Cramer and Fast Money

I'd rather watch cartoons or replays of McEnroe or listen to Erin Burrnett say "silver lining" for the millionth time.

#22     Mar 15, 2008
  3. #23     Mar 15, 2008
  4. ha, pure propaganda

they are just trying to stall the meltdown

#24     Mar 15, 2008
  5. mokwit

mokwit

Getting back to the original theme of the thread, as was stated elsewhere, this thing could go 50% either way on news in minutes. There is news and there is "news" i.e. propaganda manufactured for a purpose - nobody gets prosecuted for this sort of thing anymore (if they ever did).

Now, If there is good "news" and the public buys, who is the seller? If there is bad news and the public sells, who is the buyer?

#25     Mar 15, 2008
  6. how can Bear go from a so called solid company to a Fed. bailout in 48 hours?

there's a big bad wolf out there and we won't really know until Q1 "earnings" are out.

aint holding my breath

#26     Mar 15, 2008
  7. Mvic

Mvic

Any "good news" won't be that good for BSC as it will likely be dilutive or hit earnings or be a low buyout, but any news of capital infusion in BSC will be good for the market, just like the Ambac news didn't do much for Ambac's stock price but the market rallied on it. Don't go long BSC go long the ES or XLF if you think BSC gets saved. On the flip side going short BSC if you aren't already is a good play as any bad news in the name will hit it hard but the rest of the market not as much. A good pair trade would be short BSC and long XLF.

#27     Mar 16, 2008
  8. he affirmed earnings in the range analysts gave. so min earings will be .50 cents for last q

#28     Mar 16, 2008
  9. Absolutely spot-on. I think it's unlikely BSC opens on Monday. I expect it to be halted.

#29     Mar 16, 2008
  10. ener555

ener555

Haha I was actual thinking the same. Everytime Gasparino had his talk about Abk getting bailed out for about 3 weeks in a row the mkt rallied big everytime even though all that happened was a huge secondary.
    I would assume that we will have a couple bailout rumors by Gasparino in BSC over the next few weeks and mkt may rally on each of those CNBC rumors . However I think those trades will work less and less if the overall situation keeps worsening. Same with these 'creative' Fed announcements. There will be a time when they may rally those for a short time but sell it off later.

However I am fairly certain there will be a couple BSC bailout rumor rallies.

#30     Mar 16, 2008