Brutual sell off coming?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by xD&Cox, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Where were yields in the early 70's? Treasury yields don't reflect the inflation rate but rather they measure sentiment of future Fed action. The 10 year is just 3600 Fed Fund yields strung together.

I suggest you look over every historical Treasury chart you can. Bonds can go from 5% to 7% in weeks when the time is right.

#11     Aug 25, 2008
  2. Jeez! Somehow I skipped your post and we said the same thing! :)

#12     Aug 25, 2008
  3. gobar

gobar

look @ his portfolio...

he is up 302 k ..

#13     Aug 25, 2008
  4. What broker is he using? Those account screens look pretty spiffy.

edit: I'll answer my own question. ThinkorSwim. How are they for futures these days? I checked awhile back and they were still lacking some key markets.

#14     Aug 25, 2008
  5. I can't stand Bernanke, as you know.

Let me know when we get Bernanke's self-proposed desired core CPI of nothing greater than 2%.

In fact, Bernanke was pretty upset when core CPI was running at even 2.3% to 2.8%.

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=6446

Specifically, Bernanke noted that "at annual rates, core inflation as measured by the consumer price index excluding food and energy prices was 3.2% over the past three months and 2.8% over the past six months. For core inflation based on the price index for personal consumption expenditures, the corresponding three-month and six-month figures are 3 % and 2.3%. These are unwelcome developments."

I wonder what he's planning to do now that we're @ 9.8% headline.

'The Helicopter Ben Bernanke Story: The Saga of 4 Rate Cuts Too Many.'

#15     Aug 25, 2008
  6. Then I'd consider voting Democratic, because if John McCain is elected that guarantees there is no way that happens.

#16     Aug 25, 2008
  7. Paul Volcker raised rates to 20% crush inflation, knowing that it would cost the man who appointed him to his position as the Federal Reserve Chairman, Jimmy Carter, the election in 1980.

#17     Aug 25, 2008