Brutal MSNBC Moment: Chris Matthews Crucifies Flustered Obama Backer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by seasideheights, Feb 20, 2008.

1. opm8

opm8

#51     Feb 24, 2008
  2. Well all I can say is...after 37 odd years of service (she claims) we still have the same damn problems to overcome......

after 37 odd years of "accomplishments" we still have no affordable health care in this country...most of you are one serious illness away from bankruptcy....you think I exaggerate? do a little homework.....even with one of today's HMO or PPO policies you are still in the hole if you have a serious surgical procedure, and god forbid if you need a transplant or some more exotic procedure, you will never recover from that experience (financially)...

Yeah, great work Hillary....lets give her even more power to screw things up.....:D

In my view, American politics up to this point has mostly been a fucking travesty. We always end up having to choose between two assholes, and in the back our minds, every one of you goes into that voting booth saying "I really don't like either of these jerks".....Well, for the first time in a long long, long time, I can say that I can vote for Obama and feel like I gave it a decent shot.....

#52     Feb 24, 2008
  3. This isn't true. Obama has populist protectionist leanings and has criticized NAFTA for displacing American workers from their jobs and factories. Obama wants tax penalties on companies that export US jobs and tax credits for companies that create domestic jobs. This is contrary to the Council on Foreign Relations, which has taken positions in favor of the free movement of labor and goods between Canada, US and Mexico. I suspect Hillary would be closer to CFR positions than Obama is.

#53     Feb 24, 2008
  4. LOL LOL LOL... oh, he will have good reason for his flip flop once in office. you really think they would back someone that would hurt their cause? look at the filthy lies bush told to get elected. i don't hate obama yet... but his handlers are filthy.

#54     Feb 24, 2008
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Saxon, you really need to do your research. Obama has the most liberal voting record of any US Senator. That's right, he is actually to the left of Ted Kennedy.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/news/2008/01/obama_ranked_most_liberal_sena_1.html

#55     Feb 24, 2008
  6. That seems comparing apple to orange --#his authored against #her passed---not a fair comparison

#56     Feb 24, 2008
  7. #57     Feb 24, 2008
  8. What is the National Review's definition of liberal and conservative? I couldn't find it on the site.

#58     Feb 24, 2008
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Here, why don't you check it out for yourself. This is in his own words:

http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Barack_Obama.htm

Every candidate that runs for public office is required to fill this form out. Nothing bias about this.

#59     Feb 24, 2008
  10. Never mind I found it.

Q: Aren't the labels "liberal" and "conservative" open to interpretation?

Green: Yes. On some matters, most people would agree on what constitutes a liberal position or a conservative position. On other matters, it's not as clear-cut. Some critics of the war in Iraq, for instance, argue that opposition to the war is a conservative position because it reflects a belief in limited government involvement in international affairs. But in National Journal's ratings, votes in opposition to the war are categorized as liberal. Labels such as "liberal" and "conservative" are just that -- labels. They are subject to debate. But as long as National Journal thinks there's a broad consensus about what these labels mean, we'll continue using them in our vote ratings.

So it's pretty much what they decide it is. Typical partisan BS. Using the real meanings of the words liberal and conservative, neither one is all good or all bad. The names liberal and conservative for political descriptions could be just accurate using the words dog and cat.

I went over to the site, some good & some bad. If it will put your mind at ease Obama will be a better president than our current one. But so will McCain or Clinton so what ever happens it's all good or at least all better.

#60     Feb 24, 2008