BRUT trading in 1/100 cent, why cant we?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by stock777, May 24, 2004.

1. **** ****** play a "i want to buy it because someone else wants to buy it","i need to sell it because someone else wants to sell it" game.........there's NO edge in that **** unless you're goldman.....people can try and fool themselves with subpenny nonsense, but when you have come to the point that you think that is your "edge", you've actually regressed past any point of return and need to re-evaluate or move on.

#11     Jun 21, 2004
  2. I defer to the heavy hitters here who trade BRK/A and the like, but there are actually some strategies that depend on the penny or two gained by filling on the bid or offer in low priced stocks.

Lately, these strats suck the big one, mostly due to lack of volatility, but also increasing computer trading. They don't miss a freakin tick, unlike manual MM's.

The whole point was , I don't like someone esle to have an edge I can't access.

Know what I mean, homies.

#12     Jun 22, 2004
  3. true dat

#13     Jun 22, 2004
  4. alanm

alanm

This is an order execution forum. The question is about a pure execution issue. Why does every thread have to degenerate into this "you can't many money scalping" crap?

For those of you that can give up pennies (or tenths) getting in and out because you're psychic and can pick direction for points, great. You're geniuses. Congratulations. The rest of us have work to do at the inside.

#14     Jun 23, 2004
  5. next you'll be complaining abouut 1/1000th and 1/10,000th of CENT........pathetic, and even more pathetic that you cant see it.

#15     Jun 23, 2004
  6. I guess you just don't get it. I'll help you out, one last time. It's about getting filled BEFORE THE FREAKIN STOCK MOVES AGAINST YOU.

If I'm trying to buy on the bid , and there's 50k there, and some BRUT clown bidding .000000001 ahead, how'm I gonna get filled?

Hopefully, that will go away soon.

#16     Jun 26, 2004
  7. MT27

MT27

then shave the guy by .001,
    Anyone know whose hitting those bruts? like on SIRI

#17     Jun 26, 2004
  8. gotcha stock777......now I understand....I misunderstood and the situation you described would infuriate me too.

#18     Jun 26, 2004
  9. Yeah , thats the whole point of this thread. My brokers all pulled the ability to do that.

#19     Jun 27, 2004
  10. birdman

birdman

some news articles seem to indicate sub penny pricing for nasdaq and listed (on stocks priced over $1) will end in July

any updates from someone in the know

#20     May 9, 2005