Bruce Lee - Champion?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DrawDown, Sep 3, 2006.

Bruce Lee vs Today's MMA Cage Fighters

1. Bruce Lee would DESTROY.

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Bruce Lee would BE destroyed.

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. 4re

4re

No, I have talked to the guys that were there. If you knew anything you would know that was before everybody on earth could afford video. Like I said read about him that is all you can do.

I don't know of any video of Custers last stand either. Do you believe in that? If so it is because you read about it or heard about it.

#21     Sep 4, 2006
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

For the record, stupid Custer would have been court martialed, had he lived.

Now just for the record, because I am weak on Bruce Lee's history, what did he achive in sports?? I mean who did he win against??

#22     Sep 4, 2006
  3. 4re

4re

Well my point is there was not always video to document, Not whether Custer was right or wrong. So you are the stupid one.

Now to answer an honest question with an honest answer. As far as sports Bruce did nothing but bring out the idea of implementing the idea of using whatever style works. I.E. Mixed Martial Arts. Was he the first in history to do this no. At the time Bruce was active he did not believe in the martial arts tournements as they were more like flag football or a game of tag. But he was an active street fighter and I have talked to the guys that were there (No video) I have even spoke to his wife Linda who was present at the 2 I mentioned. If you guys don't believe that is always your perogative but since it is based on assumption you can't spit it out as fact either. Not that you are doing this but whoever that other guy is he doesn't know what he is talking about.

#23     Sep 4, 2006
  4. Grasshopper's,
    Bruce was pretty good and all, but quai chang cane woulda kicked his ass.

#24     Sep 4, 2006
  5. 4re

4re

LOL...I saw some Kung Fu monkeys that looked pretty bad to. And there is video of them it was on Kung Fu Theater.

#25     Sep 4, 2006
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Quote from 4re:

Well my point is there was not always video to document, Not whether Custer was right or wrong. So you are the stupid one.

I got the point. I never said you were stupid, but Custer sure was. He died because of it. Now let's get back to the point...

If you guys don't believe that is always your perogative ...

It is not like we don't believe you, simly there is no standard by what we can compare figthers of different ages...

I could quote a hearsay of a badass 15th century fighter and say that he was the best killer EVER... There is simply no way to prove or disprove such a claim.

You got it, stupid? :)

#26     Sep 4, 2006

7. Segal, easily..........One 'o them mean looks, and lee would be down for the count.
    Laughing. Then, Segal could belt the heck out of him with his pony-tail.
    Then, one of those dreadfull quip's , which lee could never compete with, and you got a TKO.

:)

By the way coinz, how can you revere someone who basically trained himself to death, versus someone who wrestled crocodiles for a living and died by accident?
    Both knew the risks, lee left behind family as well.
    Suppose you'd like to see the death footage of lee's heart failure too, huh?

BTW, Segals ponytail could kick your ass.
    I gather your a runner, but Segal could still get you-you'd look bahind to see if he was catching up................................................

and if you've seen Segal run in his movies, you would be down for the count to, laughing.

And you would still be laughing, when he beat the C##p outta you with his ponytail.

#27     Sep 4, 2006
  8. 4re

4re

Yep, I got it. Sorry I misunderstood you.

And yes comparing Bruce to present day fighters is futile all we can do is speculate which we were before that other guy came in calling us retards.

I know if you compare a Bruce at his prime 5'8 145 pounds to one of the MMA guys today at 6'2 245 and very well trained I would have to give it to the present day guy. But Bruce was extremely skilled for his day. And I think the idea of the MMA thing was due in part to him. Opinions are like assholes, we all have one and that is mine.

#28     Sep 4, 2006
  9. Something else should be taken into consideration...

Training equipment. Comparatively speaking, Bruce had none.

If Lee had access to today's advanced training and weight equipment he could have gotten twice the results he already got that have still not been surpassed overall as far as expression of the human body goes.

The K1/UFC guys may be tough and trained but they never invented a MA.

Bruce founded JKD.

#29     Sep 5, 2006
  10. Rubbish, coinz. He made his own damn equipment.
    The fact is, for speed and sheer power, you dont need more than bodyweight exercise, patricularly not with the volume of training he did.

And he acknowledged himself, jkd was nothing more than a blend of other arts he had found most useful, particularly for the purposes of a learner student.

#30     Sep 5, 2006