Brown vs Board of Education - 50 Years Ago

Discussion in 'Politics' started by waggie945, May 16, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

My statement was in regard to Waggie's statement that we should take the 150 billion spent on Iraq and just give it to kids to go to college. I am absolutely against that. If our government wants to give young people scholarships, fine, I'm all for that, but they have to earn those scholarships. We don't give them to some kid because he's black or mexican or because he came from a poor family, we give it to him because he made the grade.

What role should the federal government have in education? Nothing. Education should be paid for at the local level, not the federal level. Schools and teachers should compete for state funds and property taxes will provide a bulk of the funding.

We need to bring back accountability standards for both students and teachers and administrators. We do this at every job in this country, why not do it with teaching? Our federal government should not be in the business of giving money away period for any reason.

As usual you take my statements and twist them around to whatever you please. Don't you ever get tired of doing that? What do you think we should do about education in this country? How would you fund it?

#31     May 17, 2004