Brother, Florida Is Slipping Into A Depression

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Feb 8, 2009.

1. This isn't a UN food operation. There are no high-energy biscuits to hand out here (which are pretty much the same thing, just more moral because they have the UN stamp on them)
    Typically, pastries and such that are about to expire, or have expired a day ago, but are still good to eat, are given to food banks. You'll find some of the most unhealthy food on the planet being served at those places. That's why poor people are so fat in this continent.

#11     Feb 8, 2009
  2. i would give 100k for a couple year old house that used to sell for 300k. would make a good vacation home. going down to florida next month. might check it out.

#12     Feb 8, 2009
  3. i just bought a house in one of the top areas of fla called seaside fla near destin fla. the avg house in 2008 still sold for $440 a square foot even in this so called housing despression. the avg house on this 15 mile stretch of paradise called beaches of south walton sold for $1.1 mil on 300 sales or so. i got a short sale that had $700k or so loans forgiven for $395k cash.i paid $162 a square foot. i had 7 other bidders on my heels.this place is very different than south fla and carries a huge premium for its unmatched beauty.but no doubt all of fla still in trouble and thats why the only way i'd buy anything was a total steal that protects me from more downside

#13     Feb 8, 2009
  4. Auction winners by default paid the maximum market price.

therefore, hopefully the market improves-- or tons of these foreclosure vultures will be out of luck.

surf:D

#14     Feb 8, 2009
  5. TGregg

TGregg

`Til you showed up with some hot babe for a long weekend at your summer place. Then you arrive to find your AC unit was stolen and wires ripped out of your house to be sold for scrap.

#15     Feb 8, 2009
  6. lrm21

lrm21

This is the scam of Florida since the 1900's

Whenever there is a boom people rush down to buy any sq/ft in Florida thinking its gold or everything is near the water.

I would never buy land in interior Florida, if you are not withing 2 miles of the ocean you are on crap.

The only exception is Northern Florida north of Gainesville, That is a nice area.

Right now there are some amazing condo deals, in Miami. Not bad for a vacation home. Rents suck

But Miami is going through a mini-crime wave and which is going to get worse. There is almost a daily shooting, and we have an armored truck gang that has been killing the drivers in broad daylight in every area of Miami.

Pensacola is nice area and not third-world.

#16     Feb 8, 2009
  7. Winter place. Show up at your "winter place". confused me too for a few years. Everything here is backward. And the crime is really ramping.

The adt guy was going door to door a few days ago. Big burly guy in a beater. I was standing in my garage, and he starts wheeling at me while I'm in the garage. He doesn't know how close he came to being taken out. But we have to be on the lookout for people who don't fit the profile of the neighborhood. Breakins, beatings, swat teams.......... Come on down.

Actually, an ad, btw way, running on the radio, goes like this......

"Now you've got that weapon, and a concealed weapons permit, learn how to use it........"

That's right, a close combat course for the citizenry. They should advertise it for the military. "Join the Marines, and learn skills you can use as a civilian, like, tearing a man's ear off with 12 pounds of pressure......"

#17     Feb 8, 2009
  8. lrm21

lrm21

9. You are THE MAN!!!

Great movie, and exactly the tone I was using in the title! :D

You are a sharp one.

#19     Feb 8, 2009
  10. Cutten

Cutten

Where are the real estate bulls now?

#20     Feb 8, 2009