Brother Candletrader on the way to 3000 posts!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candletrader, Jul 3, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

Brother Candle,

Congratulations!

nitro

#51     Jul 3, 2003
  2. Ok Fruity...I could certainly be wrong about you being FPC. And as to the spelling, again I could be wrong. But figuring you were the same dude as FPC and Longshot, it is possible I made a hasty jump to a wrong conclusion. If so, I apologize.

As to how often I discuss trading.....not much lately. But I said just today or yesterday in another thread why I don't. (I think the "who is Jack Heshey thread). Anyway, if you think I haven't posted about trading, then that has me pretty convinced you indeed may not be FPC. Because he knows better.

But see for yourself. Do a search for trading threads when I used my trading name "RS7"....and I am NOT hiding behind a different alias. I clearly stated I would use Error 404 as a "summer vacation" identity. Even though I do go into my office and trade every single day, to me, I am "on vacation" because I am not trading with the intensity I do during the non-summer months. I lost too much money the past few Julys. Over 100k each July for the past 3 consecutive years. I know for FPC and Roger Hershey and the hirsute MrMarket, this is chump change, but for me, it actually affected my life.

Here is a link to a thread I did not start, but consists entirely of "trading" posts I wrote. Tripak, one of the moderators thought it worth doing. So let me know if you think I have contributed to trading forums or not. (and keep in mind, the link below is a compilation of posts from many threads).

I promise you one thing. If you read what I said, you will see a vast difference between my style and that of the famous blowhards here. If I gave bad advice it didn't cost anyone a cent. And if I gave good advice, I never claimed to be a genius for what I learned from other people. Never claimed to have discovered anything new or unique. Just some things work and some don't universally. Keep in mind these posts were taken out of context and from different threads. So don't expect the continuity to be ideal. But rest assured, anyone can benefit from reading what I wrote. Or at least I believe they can. But I do know for sure no one will be harmed by anything I wrote. Consider it all a gift. I learned from others, and I only wanted to pass on some of what took me so long to learn. I am no "genius" like MrMarket, but I assure you what I learned I learned the hard way. I did not just blow smoke up everyone's ass. I worked hard, listened to people I KNEW had more experience and more knowledge than me. Call me the "Anti-MrMarket" (or as his friends and children call him "Mr Woolly Mammoth" "Furry Papa" and of course, the more affectionately regarded "Shaggy" during those intimate moments with his wife:))

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6956&highlight=gems

Peace,
    :)RS

#52     Jul 3, 2003
  3. Error 404,

no need to defend yourself so strongly. i'm not looking to throw you jabs. i was just rebutting your remarks towards FRuiTY. my internet opinion of you is that you are a decent fellow.

your friend,

FRuiTY <3

#53     Jul 3, 2003
  4. I was not trying to "defend" myself. I was trying to apologize if I mistakenly accused you of being someone you are not. And yes, I did absolutely try to justify my right to criticize those who "throw stones".

I did do a lot of posts about trading. And never once did I boast. So I believe I have earned the right to pass judgement on the blowhard know-nothing guys that claim to be great traders. Not because I am a great trader, but because I have worked with many who are. And I know the difference between those who know how to trade, and those who just like to boast based on nothing and with no experience and no context of reality.

Truthfully, yeah, guys like MrMarket and Roger Hershey piss me off. Because the haven't a clue, and they just come here to stroke their own pathetic egos. They have nothing to offer in the way of trading knowledge. Jack (not Roger) Hershey is to me indecipherable. Maybe he is just too smart for me. But I can't make heads or tails of what he is talking about. Maybe he is a great trader. I honestly don't know. But I know that for me personally, I could never learn a thing from him. But maybe others can. It is possible, so I would never say he is a waste like I will about Roger H., and MrMarket. Both can only do any one who is trying to learn harm. And I will always stand by that opinion. Always!!!

You want to read stuff that is written by traders who have a clue? Read posts by Metooxx, and Nitro, Marketsurfer, Tony Oz (who hasn't posted in too long) and Brandon. Certainly there are others, but these guys come to mind.

Don't waste your time with guys like R. Hershey, and especially MrMarket. Crazy Harry may or may not know how to trade, but we will never know, 'cause he can't express what he does or thinks. Same with Murray T Turtle. For all I know, he could be the world's best trader. But I can't understand a word he says. So as far as I am concerned, his trading posts are useless.

Good luck, and good trading,

:)RS

#54     Jul 4, 2003