Brother Candletrader on the way to 3000 posts!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candletrader, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Brother Candle,

Congratulations. Nice job on the website.

How do you do that? I know my son had made a bunch of websites a while ago, but I never tried it. I have some funny ideas. Can't ask him now....he is incommunicado in Navy boot camp right now).

Can it be done with MS WORD? I know they have a way to save documents as HTML. Is that the easy way? And how do you get a web address? I know you can go to some sites and register domain names. Are there any free domain name suppliers?

I do remember my son went to Geocities (or whatever it was) and was able to figure it all out pretty quickly a few years ago (I think he was about 12 or 13 then). I also know a friend of mine who was able to create web pages a few years ago when it was a more rare talent, lost his job doing that because anyone can do it now. Anyone but me I guess. But I would like to try, because I think there could be a use for it.

I was wondering if you could tell me how large you can make a site without spending much money. What I want to do is digitize a bunch of photos so my family can share them without having to deal with big downloads, ets. Is this a feasible approach?

Peace Candle (My brother from another planet...the planet POLL in the Andromeda Galaxy, which apparently has some very pretty sand dunes),

:)RS

#11     Jul 3, 2003
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

LOL. Now that's funny. I rib Candle about it all the time, but that's downright clever. :p

#12     Jul 3, 2003
  3. Brother Error 404 a.k.a. Brother rs7,

I would like to thank you for your fraternal messages and for your appreciation of my web creation... unfortunately, my Brother, the website cannot be created in Word... however, if you were to use Macromedia Flash, you could then make a good attempt at emulating my creation... as for setting up your own free website, this is totally feasible within the space of but a few minutes... two good sites from which to make your own free websites are www.tripod.com and www.geocities.com... I have several websites on both, covering a whole range of subjects that I seek to educate the world wide web about... websites cannot be made too large without making some kind of nominal payment, and I do not know of any free websites which provide free domain names... if you are serious about creating a website business, then you should obviously buy your own domain name (around $10 a year) and also buy your own website hosting service (anything from $5 a month to $100, depending on your requirements)... as for domain name sellers, there are are as many domain sellers as there are ways to trade... I havent bothered with any of this as yet, Brother rs7, cos I dont run any website business, a reflection of the fact that I prefer to make my money trading...

Thank you for your compliments on the sand dunes... such compliments serve to reaffirm to me that you are a True Brother...

With lots of love from me to you,
    Candle

#13     Jul 3, 2003
  4. Yes, Brother Magna... I have always found Brother rs7's humor to be of the highest order...

#14     Jul 3, 2003
  5. Nope, not interested in creating a business at all. Just a way to post photographs that my family can share. We are scattered coast to coast, and I figured a website would be easier than emailing. Faster, and everything could be in one place.

Peace Brother,
    :)RS

#15     Jul 3, 2003
  6. YIPEEE KYYYYE AAAAAAAAAAAAAA ... I DONT REALLY CARE. :-(

#16     Jul 3, 2003

7. Look Pussy, if you continue with your attitude problem I may find that I may have to stop loving you as my Brother...

Love,
    Candle

#17     Jul 3, 2003
  8. i'm gonna go with FPC on this one. :p

FRuiTY P.

#18     Jul 3, 2003
  9. Brother Error 404 a.k.a. Brother rs7,

Here is your solution... http://photos.yahoo.com

I was happy to be of assistance...

Love,
    Candle

#19     Jul 3, 2003
  10. Well you would agree, given the validity of the formula Brother FPC = Brother Fruity Pebble... I love ya both... EQUALLY...

As ever,
    Candle, your Brother...

P.S. It is fitting that on this 3000th post of mine, I am replying to my favorite Brother... the one and only FPC (aka numerous other nicks)...

#20     Jul 3, 2003