Brokers with low E-mini ES day margins?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by dragoncom, Apr 5, 2003.

1. dragoncom

dragoncom

Can anyone suggest brokers with low E-mini ES day trading margins who are reliable and have a great trading platform.
    Maybe I'm asking the impossible!!:confused:

2. Banjo

Banjo

3. Ditch

Ditch

My-track requires $500 margin, but if you're a newbie i would recommend starting with at least $10k to trade 1 contract.

4. Great advice Ditch.

Stability of the platform and low commissions should be the main issues choosing a broker ... not daytrading margins.
    :cool:

Letting the daytrading margins be an issue is a sign of trouble. It shows that the trader doesn't respect risk. The trader may have an awesome trading signal, a definitive edge, and strong discipline, but without the proper risk management he/she will be doomed.

Its suicide to think that you can trade 5 eminis with a $5000 account just because the daytrading margin is only $1000. :D

5. Forget this one !
    All money goes to Uruguay.
    They do not accept phone calls.

:mad:

6. Edge-PL

Edge-PL

7. speedy

speedy

I thought this guy was asking about ES trading? Why are these links for forex trading?

8. Momento

Momento

They have ES as well...
    but is a CFD (contract for differences) company...

i tried it .. and wouldn't recommend any serious trader to use it.

Terrible system. Extremely high spillage.

(on top of everything.. i don't think CGI takes US clients. I am from Canada.)

GCI Financial Ltd ("GCI") does not accept clients from the United States. GCI’s services are not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation. It is the responsibility of the customer to ascertain the terms of and comply with any local law or regulation to which they are subject.

9. They operate like a bucket shop and let you trade stock indices.
    To avoid trouble with CFTC they chose to go offshore to Belize.

BTW: I think they already had some trouble in the past with CFTC.

:D

#10     Apr 5, 2003