Brokers that are doing badly

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Neuroway, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Sig

Sig

I'm just curious what relevance the country in which a firm's CEO was educated in has to do with anything? Perhaps you're focusing on the wrong evaluation metrics!

#11     Jan 12, 2018
    Visaria likes this.
  2. Visaria

Visaria

He's looking for a pattern. Current findings are to avoid any firms with CEOs educated either in the UK or in France. :D

#12     Jan 13, 2018
  3. On hindsight, what were the warning signs that you could have heeded before these brokers went bankrupt?

One thing I can think of is when the share price crashes if the brokers are listed. If they start dropping >10% each day for consecutive days, time to take some money out.

#13     Jan 13, 2018
  4. mlawson71

mlawson71

I had no idea that Avatrade were doing badly. Since when has this been happening?

#14     Jan 13, 2018
  5. Neuroway

Neuroway

I'm just curious why do you assume I'm focused on the country the CEOs of these firms were educated? I just mentionned it, and it is as relevant as their names, their wealth or their age. Well, perhaps I struck an irrational, emotional chord there!

#15     Jan 18, 2018
  6. Neuroway

Neuroway

I'm just curious why do you assume I'm looking for a pattern? :cool:

#16     Jan 18, 2018
  7. Neuroway

Neuroway

Seems it has gotten worse, ultimately, as per the comments I see on forexpeacearmy.com.

#17     Jan 18, 2018
  8. Visaria

Visaria

You didn't mention their wealth or age. You did however mention their country of education, which to be frank, is a little odd and therefore it was picked up by Sig.

#18     Jan 18, 2018
  9. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

As far as bona fides go, I'd much rather know where/from whom someone was degreed than their age or citizenship. Age is accidental; citizenship is mostly accidental; education is a choice and so something I'd want to know.

#19     Jan 18, 2018
  10. Neuroway

Neuroway

Hmm... That's probably because I work with educated people most of the time. For them, their country of education is more important than their country of citizenship or their birthplace. If you talk to your local farmer, bus driver, police officer or shopkeeper though, he's gonna ask you where you're from, not where you were educated.

#20     Jan 18, 2018