Brokers ranking ?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ChrisM, May 12, 2002.

1. ChrisM

ChrisM

#11     May 13, 2002
  2. #12     May 13, 2002
  3. ChrisM

ChrisM

#13     May 13, 2002
  4. I agree about rankings being biased. Gomez had E Trade at #1 for a while during the bubble while at the same time there were all kinds of lawsuits against the company. Gomez and Barrons used to never rank firms like Datek & Interactive Brokers. Barrons finally started to rank direct access firms after their subscribers started to complain. Their defense was always something like, "rankings are for the average trader".

There used to be a ranking page by a guy named Don Johnson(not the actor) that was pretty honest. It was a real cheapo website, but it was good. Sorry, I don't have the link for that one.

Futures Magazine does a yearly review of all futures brokers. I don't remember if they actually rank them, but it's a big list that compares features. Here's the link, but they don't put the whole magazine on the website-so check your local library-or better yet, subscribe. It's a good magazine.

www.futuresmag.com

Snake

#14     May 14, 2002
  5. ChrisM

ChrisM

Snake,

thank You for response. I am actually long time "Futures" subscriber, and I have that. Buy I also help some new young brokerages in Europe to get orientation in industry, that`s why I was looking for something online.
    I agree with You - there is a lot of politics in any brokerage info.
    That`s why we don`t see them online. That`s why "Elitetrader" works.

#15     May 14, 2002
  6. i am in the process of opening an account with an IB that clears through GNI,Inc. Other than calling the CME and CBOT to see if GNI is an active good standing member firm, can anyone suggest more due diligence steps I can take to minimize the risk in the acct opening process. I keep thinkin about all those customers who opened an account with an FCM which took all their money, entered bogus trades , mailed out fake statements and left the country I( think. )

Thanks in advance.

#16     May 20, 2002
  7. Anyone here have any experience with Fasttrade.com. Other than the $500 rent, seem like a good deal for the econtracts.

thanks

#17     May 20, 2002
  8. Yes, call the sales and marketing guy at GNI to ask if GNI is any good or not. That's a good plan.

#18     May 20, 2002
  9. Thanks for the warning. Sorta like when I go with my mom to a chinese restaurant and she asks the waiter if the wonton soup is good. For the past 15 years, I still have to get a "no it sucks..."
    I did speak to the guy and he seem nice enough for me to proceed further with my due diligence on GNI . This time i'll try to talk to more disinterested parties.
    thanks again

#19     May 20, 2002
  10. natenfi

natenfi

no need to be a typical trader here. the post was intended to allow people to call to find out what we're all about. if you want to find out about the integrity of our firm, go to www.nfa.org.gov

#20     May 21, 2002