brokers offer me rates

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by bufferman, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Well all of us are different I might not be as much of a smooth talker as he is. That's why I posted this message.
    Thanks for the insight though, I will talk to them and tell them about it and see if they can reduce it even further.
    The reason I posted this message is because I am open to suggestions, if you think you know places where I can get a better rate, you can pm me. I don't know why you think I will be frustrated. As a matter of fact I got $4.50 RT from a couple other places but they don't offer $500 margin on ES, NQ, mini-Dow.
    I trade all 3 btw.

#11     Jan 4, 2004
  2. I've been with IB for about an year.
    Recently I have realized they aren't as dependable as they used to be. TWS itself or the datafeed goes down quite a bit plus I don't know what the hell is going on at the customer service.

#12     Jan 4, 2004
  3. Hmmm, there were some incidents a few weeks ago but nothing lately. What is quite a bit?

#13     Jan 4, 2004
  4. I have been having lot of problem with the TWS. I doin't know whether it's the server that I am on or what but at least 2 times out of 10 TWS either doesn't open or crashes right after it opens. Sometimes its a system problem on their end, and perhaps sometimes its initialization files get confused. Their customer service is also pretty rude and at least half of the time they hang up after putting you on hold.

#14     Jan 4, 2004
  5. Please keep this thread on topic.

Thanks.

#15     Jan 4, 2004
  6. #16     Jan 4, 2004
  7. LOL, a newbie is asking about rates! Suprised that Don (Bright) is not all over this one...

#17     Jan 5, 2004
  8. Don don't offer future trading

#18     Jan 5, 2004
  9. josbarr

josbarr

I may be able to..........feel free to PM.

#19     Jan 6, 2004