Brokers forward your identity to the market with each trade.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bookish, Nov 15, 2020.

1. What kind of brokers do this? Expand please.

#11     Nov 15, 2020
  2. Ates

Ates

I'm not saying they are doing this. If they have the identity of a trader, they can do this.

#12     Nov 15, 2020
  3. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Don't think serious brokers (or exchanges like CME would forward this info to other market participants) without it being specified in your legal agreement, given their size and legal ramifications. But hey, this is speculation on my part.

With CFDs from less credible platforms I would essentially expect shit like this. But it needs not necessarily be a problem depending on your type of trading. There are a lot of worse things they can do given the opaque structure.

#13     Nov 15, 2020
    zenlot likes this.
  4. Ates

Ates

The best thing CFD brokers do is to widen the spreads...

#14     Nov 15, 2020
    Snuskpelle and zenlot like this.
  5. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Yeah sure. Trading with narrow stops is a bad idea.

#15     Nov 15, 2020
  6. longshort

longshort

All futures brokers must send a unique Tag 50 ID for a client when sending orders.

The Tag 50 ID alone is just "An alphanumeric value that cannot have spaces and cannot exceed 18 bytes." So it's any string of up to 18 characters like letters and numbers. I can see how that's necessary to help enforce certain rules, like not trading against yourself (crossing) which is prohibited.

This doesn't necessarily mean the CME also has your personal details (first name, last name). Such registration of additional details at the CME under your Tag 50 ID is another step and required only for certain traders, see below. It seems to be the case whenever you're getting exchange membership fees or other incentives.

Source: https://www.cmegroup.com/education/...quirements-registration-and-requirements.html

tag50.png

#16     Nov 15, 2020
    maxinger likes this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

They are not trading your personal information. There is no cabal.

This Tag50 stuff does not apply to the little retail guy. It applies to the people at large institutions who trade on behalf of the little guys. The ones who are actually executing orders at the exchange level. You know, members of the clearing firms!

I repeat, there is NO CABAL!

If you are really that worried, get LifeLockā„¢.

#17     Nov 15, 2020
    TrailerParkTed, rb7 and comagnum like this.
  8. Ates

Ates

How is that gonna help?

#18     Nov 15, 2020
  9. Overnight

Overnight

What is bookish worried about? Your personal information going out over the Internet of all Things?

Or are you worried about your trading exchange having your personal identity including your first and last name, SS#, home and mailing address, passwords to your account, banking information, tax returns, name of first pet and mother's maiden name?

What is the concern, man?

There is no CABAL.

#19     Nov 15, 2020
  10. zdreg

zdreg

Be serious. Nobody gives an iota of a damn about your actions.

#20     Nov 15, 2020
    SouthbeachCTA and rb7 like this.