Brokers are scum.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Optional, May 18, 2009.

1. 1) This is why I trade only electronically from several highly recommended brokerages.

2) There was once a saying that "A broker is a person who trades your money until there is nothing left."

#11     May 18, 2009
  2. lindq

lindq

With apologies to Jack Schwager, I'm thinking:

"Stock Market Lizards"

#12     May 18, 2009

3. Brilliant:D :D :D

#13     May 18, 2009
  4. I LIKE it!

#14     May 18, 2009
  5. Don't get me wrong. there are some good brokers out there. Very honest, good people. They want you to do well, they are highly knowledgable about the market and investment strategy. Great exectioners and reliable as fuck. I have a section in the book dedicated to them.

I felt I was one of those brokers.

I still work with a broker on the futures side and manage the rest of my stuff on my own.

#15     May 18, 2009
  6. spindr0

spindr0

Market Lizards is a winner but what I feel is:

"The Stock Broker Training Program For Used Car Salesmen"
    :)

Always remember that 2 out of 3 make money on every trade... the broker, the brokerage firm and sometimes, the client.

#16     May 18, 2009
  7. doli

doli

If you read the fine print in some brokerage statements you may find that your broker may have sold to you from its inventory. I will never forget the broker that routed all my orders to the Boston exchange, where it was nearly impossible to cancel an order, and customer support said, "you shouldn't change your orders so much."

#17     May 18, 2009
  8. spindr0

spindr0

And I always thought that Churning was about making butter and Painting The Tape had something to do with home decor...

:)

#18     May 18, 2009
  9. I used to blame the brokers too.

Until I started succeeding with my trading.

Then I realized success or failure was on me.

Successfully,

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    www.puretick.com
    1-877-GOLONG1 ( 1-877-465-6641 )

#19     May 19, 2009
  10. Don't you mean until you started succeeding by conning people out of their money through your chatroom?

#20     May 19, 2009