Brokerage firm for S-corp owned by non-us resident

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by gorkemk93, Feb 13, 2022.

  1. gorkemk93



    I will start business in Delaware, US for the purpose of trading financial contracts on my own account. I am non-US citizen/resident and whole process will be remote. Could you please advice me a brokerage firm for this?
  2. Robert Morse

    Robert Morse Sponsor

    What country are the owners from? Will you have a real address in the USA? Will you have a bank account in the USA? These are some of the questions I would ask to see if we are a good fit. You can contact me directly if you wish.
  3. gorkemk93


    Sole owner - from Turkey
    Only business adress which will be provided by the registering agency
    Bank account will be opened over

    Thank you in advance,
  4. tiddlywinks


    To qualify for S corporation status, the corporation must meet the following requirements:

    • Be a domestic corporation
    • Have only allowable shareholders
      • May be individuals, certain trusts, and estates and
      • May not be partnerships, corporations or non-resident alien shareholders
    • Have no more than 100 shareholders
    • Have only one class of stock
    • Not be an ineligible corporation (i.e. certain financial institutions, insurance companies, and domestic international sales corporations).
    jys78 likes this.
  5. gorkemk93


    Yes, I've just become aware of this. Changing the question as 'C corp'
  6. otctrade


    I found that most US brokers don't wanna touch any foreign owned entity. I think IB is the rare exception. Good luck with it though.
  7. Robert Morse

    Robert Morse Sponsor

    We have many foreign accounts, but to us, this would be a domestic account with foreign ownership. The owner can't be from a restricted country and the domestic entity will require an address where you can get mail and a US based bank account.