Brokerage Commissions

Discussion in 'Options' started by cactiman, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wait what? TD wouldn't get rid your ticket charge? That's the first thing they will get rid of when you talk to them. I know people there that pay .75 per contract and no tickets. Hell, I got rid of my ticket charge before I placed my first trade. Something is not adding up here. Who are you talking to over there?

#21     Aug 13, 2012
  2. td ameritrade is think of swim.. right.. i see their platform is the best and they rape you on commissions.. no one trades tradestation? i'd use TOS if they dropped the ticket charge

#22     Aug 13, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

They will drop the ticket charge.

#23     Aug 13, 2012
  4. i'm going to call IB beg them to take me of PDT restriction.. if not i'm going to call TOS get the ticket charge dropped and wire some money in.. i think..

Tradestation .. Anyone?

#24     Aug 13, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

The PDT restriction has nothing to do with IB. It's an SEC provision. IB simply executes the policy. Begging won't help.

#25     Aug 13, 2012
  6. haha ok.. i know its SEC.. they gave me a pass the first time.. but thats actually allowed by the SEC.. now i'm jacked up... calling tos

#26     Aug 13, 2012
  7. dave_s

dave_s

Would TOS be your recommendation for portfolio margin trading of options?

#27     Sep 28, 2012
  8. hoop121

hoop121

how much volume do you have to trade before they will take off the ticket charge?

right now i use IB for execution, but I don't want to pay the monthly subscription fees for the market feeds so i keep a few bucks with TDA and use their TOS platform for real time data and analytics.

but if they were to take off the ticket price then I'd be much more inclined to just use TOS for everything.

#28     Sep 28, 2012