Broker with 50% day-trading margin outside regular hours

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Peblo, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Peblo

Peblo Guest

I am in search of a broker/FCM that could offer MES/ES day-trading margins of 50% exchange margin or less for the whole trading day (not only regular NYSE hours), commission rate close to $0.50 for ES and $0.20-$0.30 for MES.

So far I identified AMP, Ironbeam and Dorman as meeting those criteria. Are there any other?

2. Doubt there are any brokers with 50% exchange margins for the "whole day". You still have to meet exchange maintenance margins to hold at the close.

3. Peblo

Peblo Guest

I meant reduced margins between 5 p.m. CT and 4 p.m. CT or at least 3:15 p.m. CT. I realise that usually 5 minutes before the session close the position has to be closed or full margin secured

4. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

AMP for sure.
    Dorman... it depends on which broker.
    Ironbeam, I have no experience.
    I think NinjaTrader fits criteria... I have no experience however.

5. p0box4

p0box4

AMP requires exchange maintenance margin for the last 5 minutes of trading and overnight.

6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

The OP clarified his question. My answer stands.... AMP for sure.

7. p0box4

p0box4

Oops, you are correct. I got the timezone wrong.

8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Happy I trade Spot via a Forex account, no such issue, 1pt spread on NQ while US open 200:1 margin and 2pt spread outside US times and no Comm's ( Tax Free if you live in the UK aswell )

9. philip8vr

philip8vr

Scataphagos, can I ask you about this well known broker called FOREX.com ? I've found this article with some kind of positive reviews here ( https://forex-up.com/broker-reviews/forex_com-review/ ), but I've heard that they have some issues with their new registered users. Do you any trading experience with them? Thanks in advance.

10. virtusa

virtusa

Ninjatrader, depending on who answers the email:
    • Intraday margins go from 5:00 PM CST – 3:45 PM CST the next day.
    • the trading session runs from 6 PM until 4:45 PM the next day, New York time.
    As a European I never understand these time zones.
    Why can everybody not use the timezone of the market they speak about?
    So for ES it should be Chicago time.

It is stupid to say: what time will we arrive in New York?
    And the answer would be: when it is 6 PM in Florida.
    On top of that summer and winter time can even change at a different time within 1 timezone.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    #10     Jun 7, 2020