Broker that supports HSI future

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by marketstation, May 12, 2010.

1. Thank you for the tip. I tried to install prio on my system(64-bit win 7), the installation is not able to complete. I could use other tools to monitor the tcp connection to the server as long as I know its IP.

#11     May 14, 2010
  2. I contacted several Rosenthal Collins introducing brokers, none of them support HongKong index future. Rosenthal Collins never returned my email.

#12     May 16, 2010
  3. jfilla

jfilla

The only other one I know of that offers them is MF Global.

- jeff

#13     May 16, 2010
  4. 8winners

8winners

Contact sweetfutures (a division of RCG group) or Variance Futures.

The last time when i spoke to them, both can offer HKFE trading via Patsystems.

Another alternative for you (if you only need execution), approach one of the HK-based brokers. Commissions are slightly higher but you can negotiate down if you do decent volume. You need a HKD bank account.

#14     May 16, 2010
  5. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

IB is usually ranked in the top one or two on the HSI by volume, and you should find speed and execution quality second to none.

If you contact the IB-HK CS desk and request to switch to the Asian server then we can do the switch over the weekend. You will not have the downtime at midnight EST.

The HK reset downtime is around 17:30 EST, but you may not even notice is as it should be <30 seconds. If you are based in Asia, then you should find this server fine for executing US markets.

If your based in the US, you may or may not find the Asian server fast enough for the US markets - it depends on your trading style. In which case you could open a second account and have this on the US server. You can easily transfer money between the two accounts during the day on a real-time basis.

#15     May 17, 2010
  6. I created an IB ticket (reference # - T625916) on 5/13/2010 to request switch to HongKong based server, so far the ticket is still open, and is not resolved yet. I am located in US. How to contact IB-HK CS desk?

Thanks!

#16     May 17, 2010
  7. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

This was processed over the weekend. You should all be set now.

If you run into issues then call the HK desk at +852-2156-7907 or contact them through the chat.

#17     May 17, 2010
  8. Steve,

You are right. There are 3 tcp connections to the HongKong servers.
    I will monitor the connection and order execution for a week, and keep you updated.

Thanks!

#18     May 17, 2010
  9. SteveIB,

Are we not getting a little screwed up in our thinking here.

My understanding from another IB staff member (in HK) is as follows:

1 - you have a home server location (hk, us, eu) and that is where your account resides and you log in

2- when you need data it comes from the server farm nearest to the exchange you're getting data from

3- when you trade you execute through the server nearest to the exchange you are executing on

Thus you can have your account hosted in the US but execute directly on the Hk server. You can certainly see that you connect to the non-home server to get data but I can't verify that you execute through the exchanges local server farm rather than your home server.

What elements of this are not correct?
    If element 3 is not correct then what is the one way latency on IBs high speed link between HK and the US server for forex transactions?

#19     May 18, 2010
  10. I'm very interested in this thread, but I'm a bit confused.

I have an IB account and I trade HSI. I'm based in the US.

1) When I place my trades, are the trades not being sent to the HK servers? What is the path of execution when I currently place a trade?

2) Does connecting directly to the HK servers give me better quotes?

3) When I place a buy-stop order is this order not stored with the exchange? If not, then would connecting directly to the HK servers make a difference? And if it is stored directly with the exchange, then will it not make a difference which server I'm connected to?

Thanks for any answers!

#20     May 18, 2010