Broker Suggestions anyone

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by keith613, Apr 28, 2004.

1. keith613

keith613

I will hopefully be starting futures trading in the near future. Starting with the eminis and probably moving on to the big sp. I use TS with esignal and have heard that the Jtrader software is very user friendly. My problem is that when I ran a search for online brokers etc., there are a million different cos. and I don't know where to start. Any advice? Besides price per trade, are there any other points to look out for? Are they all the same?

Please advise, many, many thanks!

2. Keith,

I believe your on the right track with the steps you are taking so far. Esignal and J-Trader are a good match, and the ES is a good product with a strong following. However, if I can make a suggestion about looking at the CBOT product, the mini-DOW (YM). Since you are just starting out with futures, a product with a little less leverage per point could prove itself useful, yet on a day the market makes a strong move, the opportunity is still there. Also, a trait to look for in a brokerage is good customer service. This is in case the software has difficulties, for all computers experience moments of uselessness. If you need anything feel free to contact me.

3. Keith welcome to the futures trading world. I would suggest u check out this site www.woodiescciclub.com. It has a following of almost 600 in chat. As fo a futures broker, I represent TransAct Futures who offers a professional trading platform with some of the lowest rates in the industry and no platform charge. We only ask a monthly minimum commission which is waived for the first month as an Elite member. Feel free to call me toll free to discuss it. Bill Zimmerman 877-872-3303