Broker recommendations for IB customer looking to trade pit contracts?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by travelingtrader, Mar 1, 2006.

1. I am currently a customer of IB and I am very satisfied with them for electronic markets. But I would also like to swing trade some of the pit traded markets, which IB does not provide access to. Does anyone have any recommendations for a broker for someone looking to swing trade pit traded futures contracts? Thank you for any advice you may have.

2. just21

just21

IB have just added CME pit and CBOT and Nymex pit will be added within a few weeks.

3. Wow! That is awesome!

Any idea if NYBOT pit will be added as well?

If IB adds all the major pit futures markets there really will be no reason to even consider anyone else.

4. just21

just21

5. ids

ids

You can try LIFFE (IB exchange symbol LIFFE_NF) for coffee, sugar, cocoa, and wheat. These contracts are available on IB right now.

6. ANCHOR

ANCHOR

12.00 round trip for agriculture futures to the CME pits doesn't seem too bad. Anyone know if it will be the same for the CBOT?

It's about time IB offers this.:D

7. Why don't you guys try Open Ecry? They blow away
    IB...in the Pit traded contracts now and in the future...Use Ib for what they good at..., Open Ecry's humble beginnings began in the pit....

Some trader just told me he got some sort of an agressive rate with Open Ecry last week...I do not know if this is true as I no longer trade the big contracts...

8. Just wondering how you would know that Open Ecry "blows away" IB in pit traded contracts when IB is just now beginning their service in Pit Traded contracts?

OldTrader

#10     Mar 1, 2006