Broker reco wanted based on 1099 tax forms

Discussion in 'Options' started by Eliot Hosewater, Apr 19, 2007.

1. I switched from Schwab to Fidelity last year. This was mostly based on recommendations here and other places. However, after dealing with Fido's horrendous option trading reports for tax filing, I've decided to look around for yet another broker. I have hesitated making any trades for the last few months just thinking how difficult it would be next year.

I am looking for a "mainstream" discount broker that offers checking, some local brick&mortar, etc. I have a small account at TOS, maybe I should just go 100% with them (no B&M though, except Chicago). Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I feel safer if i can physically go in and shit on someone's desk.

Any recommendations? I might go back to Schwab if they will approve me for higher level option trading. One other irritating thing about Fido is they only seem to support file transfer to TurboTax.

2. tos is awesome.they clear threw huge penson and have ach transfers so its instant between your brokerage account and checking

3. leonnis

leonnis

used to feel the same way. for seven years now have been with web only sites. no b&m.
    now with tos a very good site. have to admit they never finish anything in there java program though. constant beta.

4. How is TOS as far as dividend-paying bond funds? I still make most of my income with those. BTW, a friend just noticed that Ameritrade (IIRC) just raised their fee for trading no-load mutual funds from under $20 to like $60 or $70.

5. Elliot... you can fly or dirve to the offices :D I've been there (TOS) nice digs. I'm the same way asyou are though but Chicago is only 2 hrs by plane and their customer service is outstanding compared to all other brokers we've delt with...never felt the need to go shit on someones desk...may be cry a few tears:( now and then