Broker-Neutral Connectivity Solutions

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by ozzymandius, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Hello,

Hoping someone with more professional experience might be able to offer suggestions for advanced autotrading solutions.

Right now I auto trade with Interactive Brokers, using their API and AmiBroker.

My trading business is growing to the point that I want to spread my transactions across several brokers, to hedge my risks. I don't like the idea of relying on a single broker, no matter how solid the rep.

What I am ideally looking for is a software/service that handles all the broker side connectivity. As a rookie programmer, it took me *forever* to properly interface AmiBroker to IB, and get everything working. I could not imagine doing the same thing again for another 2-3 brokers, and then maintain all those connections, every time a broker changes their API.

So the question is - are there firms out there that offer either hosted solutions or software services that handle ALL broker connections, so that you only have to maintain ONE connection, to said software/service?

I have been Googling and came across firms like Coral8, Tervela, etc. but those look like they are geared to huge clients like banks, and large institutions.

2. Euler

Euler

If I had a choice, I would use FIX, which is a standard (or at least approximately standard) interface that many brokers support (I think they almost all would use it on the back end, even if they don't offer it to clients).

QuickFIX is one implementation, and it's free and a lot of people use it, apparently.

3. Thanks Euler. That helps!