broker mistakes

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by rdm239, May 29, 2007.

1. rdm239

rdm239

Over the last week I have found 3 errors made by my broker in my fills. I use a large, well known broker, but the errors made me a little suspicious because the errors were all not in my favor and were a full point off (I trade the er2).
    I don't want to name the broker because I don't want to make this a thread about what broker everyone uses, but I do want to know if this has happened to other people? If so, with what type of frequency?

Thanks in advance!

R

2. How did you allow this to happen more than once, assuming the broker is actually at fault here?

You'll need to provide details of what the mistakes actually were as 99.99% of the time, it's user error.

3. rdm239

rdm239

ok, thats a fair assumption except it was the broker's fault. I trade off Genesis Navigator but use a broker to execute. When checking my fills between navigator and what the broker knows, the fills were off.

I called the broker each time and they fixed it within a couple minutes. Has anything like this happenning to anyone? Should I be screaming at my broker? This can't be normal.

R

4. In all fairness I think you should name the broker. It may help others avoid similar problems.

5. rdm239

rdm239

ok, PFG.

6. that explains alot!

7. rdm239

rdm239

expand please pro

8. rdm - assuming the broker is at fault 3 times by as much as a point each trade on the ER2, my account would have been transferred yesterday. Don't stick around hoping this doesn't happen again, find a broker that provides the correct fills. That *should* be the easy part of being a broker.