Broker ignoring wire transfer request--please advise...

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Option Trader, May 16, 2011.

1. If it is IB (and I'm guessing other brokers are similar), log on to your account and use the customer chat.
    I had an issue where a deposit wasn't being credited to my account, and it took about 5 minutes to figure out that it was something really stupid (transfer form said "wire" instead of "bill-pay").

At least you'll be able to confirm your request has been received and is pending.

#11     May 16, 2011
  2. Bob111

Bob111

in or out of account? within US or not? before deadline for the day? the name on brokerage account must match EXACTLY with name on bank account. is it individual or joint account?
    may take some time to clear the money and show it on account. but wire usually posted either same day or next day, depends on time of wire and time when bank update the account. ACH from IB for me usually take 1 day only. wire in or out-1 hour max. some brokerage firms will refuse to send money to any account,except the bank account that the money are come from initially. there is a lot of variables..call your broker and the bank. what's the big deal? you should have some reference #'s

#12     May 16, 2011
  3. It was not necessary to call in the end. I sent this to 2 managers in the company and copied in customer support:

"It seems to me that "support" may not be getting the emails I have been sending to them for a wire request."

I then got quick help.

#13     May 17, 2011