Broker - Futures and FX

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by shep, Feb 7, 2006.

1. shep

shep

Is there a brokerage firm that trades futures (Index/Currencies/Bonds/Commodities) as well as the Forex market within the same account and has good execution, besides IB? Thank you.

2. Tradestation, Global Futures, and Velocity Futures ( see broker reviews section) has forex through the Hotspot ECN as well as all futures. Margins are lower than IB at all three.

3. gowron8

gowron8

In regards to Global Futures, it looks like they're Forex business is done with FX Solutions...a bucket shop.

http://www.globalfutures.com/support/formcenter/egloforms.html#Funding_Instructions

I don't see any mention of an affilitation with hotspot.

I also don't see any mention of any forex offering on the Velocity Futures web site

4. how about u help perhaps, instead of making it sound like big game hunter's post is unhelpful... too much to ask?

did u check out velocity, they do a lot of fx products, mostly futures tho', did u ask them whether they can handle hotspot?...X-trader does... why cldn't they?

5. I am actually going to start using futures next week using TT.

Gawd knows how I will get on and will only be in addition to the stuff I do via ECNs.

6. take a look at ninja trader as well, not sure it does what u were looking for in an earlier post (limit buy & sell orders ready for u to hit either side) but it looks pretty good :=)

7. Open E-Cry will get something from Gain Capital for FX soon if not already.....

8. gowron8

gowron8

how about u help perhaps, instead of making it sound like big game hunter's post is unhelpful... too much to ask?

I think you need to re read my post. I wasn't trying to degrade him or his post....I was merely stating what I had discovered in taking a look at the GFT and Velocity web sites. I'm genuinely confused by his post because there is no mention of the availability of Hotspot at either site.

did u check out velocity, they do a lot of fx products, mostly futures tho', did u ask them whether they can handle hotspot?...X-trader does... why cldn't they?

Yes, I am aware that Velocity handles fx futures but the question at hand is whether or not they handle spot forex through Hotspot. No, I wasn't able to contact Velocity last night because they were closed. I know that Velocity uses X-trader as their front end software and I know that X-trader and Ninja Trader have compatability with spot forex but that only matters here if Velocity itself offers spot forex. I'm not saying velocity couldn't offer spot forex, I just haven't found any indication on their website that they do.

9. gkishot

gkishot

I see that xpresstrade offeres both futures & forex trading. I am not sure whether it's within same account though.

10. gowron8 - no probs mate

shep - u may want to check out http://www.redskyfinancial.com/ i know they have hotspotfxi connectivity... pb when i called them mid-last year is they weren't operating on a 24hrs non-stop schedule, therefore no good for me, but they were giving it some serious thought at the time... try yr luck... cheers

#10     Feb 12, 2006