Broker for UK resident – Alpari

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by shortbleu, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Hi all, this is my first post on this website.
    I live in the UK and I am in the process to open an account with Alpari.co.uk.
    I read the borker reviews on Alpari and they seem good, any other opinion would be welcomed before I deposit the funds.

I chose Alapari because they are regulated by the Financial Services Authority and part of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, so they seem quite secure.
    I will open the account with only a only a few '000s GBP to start with and because I trade long term with low leverage (5:1 max, usually less), I need the micro lots that are available with Alpari. In a few months, I expect to deposit more (a few 0'000s GBP) so really need a secure and regulated broker that is part of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
    I can open a GBP account with Alpari. Since I am taking long term positions, the rollover prices need to be fair. Their rollover credit/debit policy seem okay.
    I am not a day/swing trader but a long term trader, I am looking to do some carry trades over the long term, I would do only a few trades per year. Profit targets are 1,000+ pips, so spreads and slippage do not really matter too much.

Do you think Alpari would suit my needs and style?

Thanks

2. Any feedback...?

3. You will probably do better at forex factory dot com not as many forex traders here.

4. plax

plax

Shortbleu,

I would consider oanda, you can make deposits in £ into London bank, main reason being they pay interest on your account balance daily, not much at the moment given interest rate climate but that will change in the future, if alpari do he same fine, but oanda worth a look