Broker for UK resident – Alpari

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by shortbleu, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Hi all, this is my first post on this website.
    I live in the UK and I am in the process to open an account with Alpari.co.uk.
    I read the borker reviews on Alpari and they seem good, any other opinion would be welcomed before I deposit the funds.

I chose Alapari because they are regulated by the Financial Services Authority and part of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, so they seem quite secure.
    I will open the account with only a only a few '000s GBP to start with and because I trade long term with low leverage (5:1 max, usually less), I need the micro lots that are available with Alpari. In a few months, I expect to deposit more (a few 0'000s GBP) so really need a secure and regulated broker that is part of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
    I can open a GBP account with Alpari. Since I am taking long term positions, the rollover prices need to be fair. Their rollover credit/debit policy seem okay.
    I am not a day/swing trader but a long term trader, I am looking to do some carry trades over the long term, I would do only a few trades per year. Profit targets are 1,000+ pips, so spreads and slippage do not really matter too much.

Do you think Alpari would suit my needs and style?

Thanks