broker for trailing stop

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by zxcv1fu, Aug 22, 2001.

1. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

#11     Aug 23, 2001
  2. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

#12     Aug 23, 2001
  3. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Scary post about trailing stop in the wrost case. Bottom line is I need to find a broker that at least provide a stop order in the computer until hits, the one that no one can see in the floor.

Any help?

#13     Aug 23, 2001
  4. ddefina

ddefina

Cybercorp has a good trailing stop feature that you can customize and it stays local on your computer. You can program multiple exit and entry points with their software based on price movement.

The risk is if your computer crashes or locks up you don't have protection. I hear their service has gone downhill since Schwab purchased them though. Dave D.

#14     Aug 23, 2001
  5. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I thought if you place order thru ARCA, the stop order will be kept in the computer. Is it true?

#15     Aug 23, 2001
  6. I highly recommend ECHOtrade (http://www.echotradeonline.com) for trailing stops. They let you do it both ways, stops that are visible on the exchange and stops that are held off the exchange on the server. They also let you use trailing stops on all NASDAQ stocks. I use them daily and am very impressed.

-Jim

#16     Aug 23, 2001
  7. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Don't you need a serial 7 license to trade with ECHOtrade?

#17     Aug 23, 2001
  8. Turok

Turok

>Don't you need a serial 7 license
    >to trade with ECHOtrade?

Yes.

JB

#18     Aug 23, 2001
  9. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I read Rtharp's club message board. It seems a good broker but I can not turn pro yet. Is there any other broker that privode the same kind of stop order?

#19     Aug 23, 2001