Broker for E-Mini Futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Kroete, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Kroete

Kroete

Hello,
    I am currently looking for a Broker in order to trade the NQ, my favorites so far are:

- Dorman Trading
    - AMP
    - Mirus

I hope that some of you would like to share there experience with above mentioned brokers.

As probably all of you I look for a decent trustable broker with fair commissions/fees and good service.
    Important for me is to use Ninja Trader with Zen-fire.

With AMP a NQ round turn will cost in my case (<300 RT's per month) 4,80$, Ninja Trader(basic) fee included.

I still wait for an answer from Mirus and Dorman about the commission/fees .

If you have a broker with lower fees/comm. than 4,80$ RT including Ninja Trader Standard (Trailing Stop) please let me know.

Vielen Dank!
    K

2. AMP is an introducing broker for Dorman. My experience with them, over about 2 years, has been nothing short of excellent all round.

I use Ninja/Zen-fire also.

3. Kroete

Kroete

If you search around you find indeed almost everywhere good comments regarding AMP, but at this moment my favorite is Mirus as the round turn price is a bit cheaper :)

4. joe4422

joe4422

Mirus and AMP both promote on this board, so I don't know how partial of an opinion you'll get. All of these futures brokers have a few things in common.

1. There's no insurance there. If they skip town, you're screwed.

2. If strange transcations take place, you'll get equally strange responses back.

3. They will take the other side of the trade against you.

4. They are desperate for revenue. There's a lot of competition and growing in these ultra leveraged futures brokers accounts.

5. Find out how they make profits, I don't believe the ultra low commissions is enough for a profitable business. Not on the scale they opperate on.

I would just interactivebrokers, or tradestation.

5. Kroete

Kroete

Thanks for your comments Joe but this sounds to me like characteristics of FOREX bucket shop's. If I am not completely wrong futures are traded over the exchange directly and not via OTC like forex and hence there is no broker intervention.

Please let me know if I misunderstood something.

6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

youre right.

also, by law, futures accounts are kept in segregated accounts so if the broker goes bust, your funds are safe.

7. l2tradr

l2tradr

What the hell are you talking about? I'm sure you can back that up with proof (and how exactly would this be possible, when futures trade on an exchange, unlike spot FX, CFDs etc.)? Your tinfoil hat is on a little too tight.

8. joe4422

joe4422

Do about 5 minutes of research and you'll find what I'm saying is true.

9. joe4422

joe4422

Maybe AMP or Mirus could shed some light on the subject for us.

10. joe4422

joe4422

While we're at it, maybe mirus could tell us what this reparation case was about:

Case ID:

09-R010

For more information, contact the Commodity Futures Trading Commission at (202) 418-5508.

I'm not accusing here, I just want to know, doing some background research.

#10     Jan 8, 2010