Broker FDAX / FESX / ES

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by shortbleu, Jun 6, 2009.

1. eur 4 RT is the price you have to pay for low volume

#11     Jun 6, 2009
  2. cvds16

cvds16

no it's not !

#12     Jun 6, 2009
  3. cvds16

cvds16

you must really think of yourself you are quite smart, you could have spend all this time allready looking up what prices really are instead ...

#13     Jun 6, 2009
  4. cvds16

cvds16

if you even looked you would have found it by now:
    javascript:makeCall('futunbundled')

it's there for all to see, but it seems you prefer 'being right' and quarelling on the internet. I hope I get the apology I deserve ...

#15     Jun 6, 2009
  5. what apology? send the link on their website then

#16     Jun 6, 2009
  6. Looking at IB unbundled page DAX is 3.01EUR and FESX is 2.61EUR.

This is for the first 300 contracts per month (150 round turns).

If you do really high volume you get it down to nearly 1EUR a round turn for FESX.

These prices are for unbundled daytrades, overnight cost a tiny bit more for each overnight held.

#17     Jun 6, 2009
  7. cvds16

cvds16

you really aren't smart are you: you can't make it into a link, you only had to copy the java-script I copied above and then you got to unbundled or you could have figured it out yourself you had to click unbundled.

Still waiting for that apology !

#18     Jun 6, 2009
  8. Allow me to inject some sanity into this thread. When trading Eurex, Mirus charges you a commission charge in US dollars (2.10 round trip) and exchange fee in Euros. IB's unbundled rate is all euros, currently 2.62 Euros round trip for FESX for example. If you convert everything to the same currency, the round trip commissions for FESX when EUR/USD is at 1.40 it looks like this:

Mirus: $2.856 USD
    IB: $3.668 USD

Mirus clearly wins hands down. Basically, when the Euro is high against the Dollar, Mirus has better rates. If the Euro were to approach parity with the Dollar, IB would start to look attractive. And if you trade ES, IB's unbundled rate will charge you 4.70 a round trip, while Mirus will charge you 4.40. If you're a low volume trader, Mirus is clearly the way to go.

And someone else already said it, but there is more to a broker than rates. I've traded Eurex with both, and Mirus is 10 times better. NinjaTrader is an excellent platform, the zenfire feed is in a whole different league (way above) IB's filtered feed, and with Mirus you don't have to pay those rediculous order cancellation fees on Eurex like you do with IB.

Mirus is an awesome broker. I have accounts with both but I am hating IB more and more each day. The only thing I wish Mirus had was access to the Asian markets, but that's a zenfire thing, not a Mirus thing, so hopefully zenfire will expand into Asia someday so I can consolidate my accounts.

#19     Jun 6, 2009
  9. Hi Filter_sweep and thanks for your message. You're adding value to this post, I had enough to be insulted by the other guy who does not know what he is talking about out.
    There are plenty of hidden fees with IB and their website is so complex that is lacks transparency. For this reason only, I'll stay away from them. Not sure why so many people seem to be willing to open an acount with IB.

I've tested Ninja Trader zen-fire demo agaisnt OEC demo and against J-trader patsystems live (I am currently trading with J-trader Patsystems). My conclusion is as follow:
    Ninja Trader zen-fire is faster than OEC, which is itself faster than J-trader patsystems. In terms of speed, and on a scale rating from 1 to 10 (10 being the faster), I would rate Ninja trader 9/10, OEC 8/10, Jtrader patsystems 5/10.

For now, i've been trading long term with J-trader Patsystems and paid eur 6 RT on bobl, bund, fce, fdax. It was not an issue as I made 10 to 20 trades per year only. I am looking to build a day trading portfolio on the side and obviously eur 6 RT is not acceptable. Mirus sounds a great broker both in terms of commission and execution platform. I think, I'll go with them.

#20     Jun 6, 2009