Broker Comparisions?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by gaz0001, Dec 7, 2020.

1. gaz0001

gaz0001

Hi Guys,

Anyone aware of a site that does a full broker comparison.

What their fees are, rates for options, rates for shares, margin fees, etc etc? The whole thing end to end.

I need a new broker, and want to see if anything comes close to Interactive Brokers.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Those websites are supported by advertising.

3. gaz0001

gaz0001

Yes exactly. And generally the website doing the reviews has a really nice discount on their commissions.

That's why I was wondering if anyone in the community had ever done a full side by side fee comparison.
    Just looking at the fees and commissions that we would pay as regular traders with no 'sponsorship'

4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

It's nearly 2021 -- by the time such a study was complete, it'd be obsolete.

Write down the cost + frequency of two or three patterns of trading (i.e., short, intermediate, and long term), and compute the costs for IB.

Then go shopping.

(And when you're shopping, pay heed to the platform layout and navigation. IB's TWS is not beginner friendly; your ability to tap TWS' vast flexibility will improve with experience.)

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. gaz0001

gaz0001

It would probably take a few hours only, there's only about 20 worthy brokers.

I think TWS platform is decent. And it's free.
    Its not so complicated. I've been using it since March.

6. also trying to find alternative brokers who has competitive commission as to IB. Genesis was one but it was closed. Free commission brokers are not ideal for active day traders

gaz0001 likes this.
  7. gaz0001

gaz0001

Ill do the list at weekend.

Won't take too long.
    Seems it doesn't exist. :)

8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

the next step will be for the clearing firm to pay you to place trades, i know just how to set that up. sucker born every minute.

9. gaz0001

gaz0001

Not following you buddy.
    Looking for a spreadsheet that compares retail broker fees
    I'm not selling anything

10. %%
    Most dont compare to IBKR;
    but most all of them beat etrade. i think Mark was using sarcasm. Most all of them ,except etrade have better customer service.............................................................................................................Turn$ out low or no comissions can be a game changer.Dont keep up with margin fees myself.

#10     Dec 7, 2020
    MarkBrown likes this.