Broken System

Discussion in 'Economics' started by billsafari, Aug 26, 2011.

1. devilwing

devilwing

Believe it or not, most Chinese don't think that the government care about their welfare. And what have happened so far support their views. For instance, the officials can sacrifice the environment and livability of a city just to earn a good political achievement as a capital for promotion.
    Speaking of efficiency, the Chinese government outperforms most of its counterparts in the world in some events such as Olympic and disaster emergency. On other aspects, it might not be as outstanding. But the efficiency in U.S., especially in administration, is appalling.

But I agree that like the recent political games in debt ceiling and hurricane aid are disappointing. They just show that how much damage the so-called 'democracy' can impose to the country. The solution though, might not be easy to figure out. Military control seems not to be a good way.

#21     Aug 31, 2011
  2. Who said anything about a military dictatorship? Only a temporary relief from duty (congress and president) since the clowns in Washington don't have the balls to make tough decisions and restore fiscal order. They care about votes and their party. The modern day politician is willing to sink the ship to make a point or preserve their party in what they percieve as some noble cause.

Congress and the president( our current two party system) are becoming a threat to national security. They need to be removed.

I am 41 and I have never voted and never will . Who are my choices? Fucktard R or Fucktard D.

#22     Sep 1, 2011
  3. J Ski

J Ski

Wikipedia. It's what pops up first, on a search
    "The Electoral College's existence is controversial. A 2001 Gallup article noted that "a majority of Americans have continually expressed support for the notion of an official amendment of the U.S. Constitution that would allow for direct election of the president" since one of the first-ever public polls on the matter in 1944, and Gallup found no significant change in 2004.[4][5] Critics argue that the Electoral College is archaic, inherently undemocratic and gives certain swing states disproportionate influence in selecting the President and Vice President. Proponents argue that the Electoral College is an important, distinguishing feature of federalism in the United States and that it protects the rights of smaller states. Numerous constitutional amendments have been introduced in the Congress seeking to alter the Electoral College or replace it with a direct popular vote; however, no proposal has ever passed the Congress."

#23     Sep 1, 2011