Brokeback Mountain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, Mar 1, 2006.

I pick #7.

1. Saw it, loved it.

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  2. Saw it, shrug.

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  3. Saw it, blech.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Started it, walked out.

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. Want to see it.

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  6. Don't care if I see it or not.

23 vote(s)
    26.4%
  7. Will never see it, ever.

38 vote(s)
    43.7%
  8. I wanna be a cowboy!

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  1. Whoa, cowboy. Are we to conclude that wanting to kill and exploit people is a good thing?

#11     Mar 1, 2006
  2. Typical stealth propaganda movie by liberals. They want to instill it in populace's minds that two men having sex is normal. Every time liberals make a movie about gays it is with positvie spin, but when is the last time they promoted heterosexuals and traditional family. They usually protray normal people as abnormal. Liberals have a twisted mind.

#12     Mar 1, 2006
  3. I go to see films in order to be entertained. The Film Brokeback Mountain simply doesn't interest me. The homosexual story line has nothing to do with it. I didn't go see Bridges of Madison County either.

- Spydertrader

#13     Mar 1, 2006
  4. I wouldnt mine seeing it. The kissing scenes would be fine, except if the add the sound effects. Watched some indie movie about to graffiti artists who turned out to be gay, the lip smacking sounds during the kissing literally made me cringe.

#14     Mar 2, 2006
  5. This one's not even stealth, bro. It's being pumped precisely because of its overt fag story.

From a movie-watching perspective, it's better that way. I hate those films where they just spring some fag on you right out of the blue. This way I know what to avoid.

#15     Mar 3, 2006
  6. saxon

saxon

:p

TOOOOO FUNNY!!!!!

#16     Mar 3, 2006
  7. Ever heard of romantic comedies? Virtually an entire industry devoted to making us feel good about being hetero.

Martin

#17     Mar 3, 2006
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Lmao, touche.

#18     Mar 3, 2006
  9. I went to see it because the movie I wanted to see was packed with kids (8 below). I love dogs!

Aside from the scenery the movie was slow, boring, poorly acted and the tent scenes were hard for a straight guy to watch.

What surprised me was the audience was entirely composed of couples and no one walked out. That was my mistake- I should have left.

#19     Mar 3, 2006
  10. Fancy bit of ex post facto footwork.

Back in the day, of course, such movies were made to appeal to our common humanity. Now we've been reduced to "heteros".

Well, as long as it helps gays feel better about themselves. What could be more important than that?

#20     Mar 4, 2006