Brokeback Mountain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, Mar 1, 2006.

I pick #7.

1. Saw it, loved it.

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  2. Saw it, shrug.

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  3. Saw it, blech.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Started it, walked out.

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. Want to see it.

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  6. Don't care if I see it or not.

23 vote(s)
    26.4%
  7. Will never see it, ever.

38 vote(s)
    43.7%
  8. I wanna be a cowboy!

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  1. Look, we can mouth platitudes all day long.

The thing is, as "harmless" as some behaviours may seem to you, they have real world effects. Some very undesirable real world effects.

The funny thing is, I am[/am] letting gays "live" (and let live) - where have I suggested killing them? Your problem is that you've been lead to believe it's impossible to criticize a group, or - gulp - to dislike a group, without wishing genocide on that group.

I have a personal dislike of their behaviour, but I can certainly tolerate - in the true sense of the word - their existence. What I really abhor is this praise that's heaped on them; the celebration of "alternative" lifestyles, the - oh I'm not gonna repeat myself a thousand times.

Look. You couldn't give a crap about society. "Societies" are all about "collectivism" to you, and collectivisim is the worst thing that could ever happen. We'll just have to disagree.

#101     Mar 14, 2006
  2. So all those glamorous model types seeking rich, powerful men come from broken homes? Interesting.

#102     Mar 14, 2006
  3. traderob

traderob

You seem to be equating feminists and glamorous models, both of which you want no part of?

I can understand avoiding the humorless feminists, but the glamour models...

#103     Mar 14, 2006
  4. How am I equating feminists and glam models? All I said about glam models was they seem to go for rich, powerful men. How could you infer from this that I want no part of them? (On the contrary, I do, I do want a part of them! Mmm mmm!)

#104     Mar 14, 2006
  5. No, they're just capitalists. They have an asset and are looking for the highest bidder.

And who's to blame them? Heck, I wouldn't mind finding mystelf a sugar momma so I wouldn't have to sit in front of this computer all day. :)

Martin

#105     Mar 14, 2006