Brokeback Mountain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, Mar 1, 2006.

I pick #7.

1. Saw it, loved it.

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  2. Saw it, shrug.

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  3. Saw it, blech.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Started it, walked out.

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. Want to see it.

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  6. Don't care if I see it or not.

23 vote(s)
    26.4%
  7. Will never see it, ever.

38 vote(s)
    43.7%
  8. I wanna be a cowboy!

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  1. Ricter

Ricter

Me, I just won't even try. I know I couldn't watch two guys in a full on lip lock.

2. Ok, then I recommend watching the HBO series OZ.

Don't worry, nothing gay ever happens on that show. It's an awesome show, I know you'll like it. :D

3. saxon

saxon

OOOooo...a dicey topic. :eek:

I thought the film was, for sure, ground breaking...if only because it was the first "major release" film about a same-sex relationship (that I am aware of). And there was at least one noteworthy performance: Heath Ledger created a believable character, with emotional resonances that transcend the novelty of the same-sex thing.

But there were some obvious problems with the story and the direction. Most notably...the passion portrayed seemed to be based on very little...except loneliness. Not a very convincing foundation for a 20-year romance.

saxon

4. Um, you were the one who brought up the prison bound islamic black convert being the most likely to commit a terrorist act in the us, in the medium term future.
    I didnt want to mention it at the time, but....how many adabees'ies are there out there?

5. bunch of homophobes.
    but then what the fuck do ya expect from klans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. traderob

traderob

http://direland.typepad.com/direland/2005/07/iran_executes_2.html
    IRAN EXECUTES 2 GAY TEENAGERS (updated)

. Two gay Iranian teenagers -- one 18, the other believed to be 16 or 17, were executed this week for the "crime" of homosexuality, the Iranian Student News Agency (ISNA) reported on July 19. (The ISNA report is in Farsi, and was translated into English by the British gay rights group OutRage!, which released its report today--ISNA also provided the terrifying photos of the teens' last moments you see on this page. You can see an enlarged version of each photo by left-clicking on them) The two youths -- identified only by their initials as M.A. and A.M., were hanged on July 19 in Edalat (Justice) Square in the city of Mashhad in north-eastern Iran, on the orders of Court No. 19. The hanging of the teens was also reported by the National Council of Resistance of Iran.

And the website Iran Focus not only confirms the story but provides more details, reporting that "Members of Iran’s parliament from the north-eastern city of Mashad, where a minor and an 18-year-old man were publicly hanged yesterday, vented their anger on Wednesday on foreign and domestic news outlets for reporting the ages of hanged prisoners...

7. I didn't see the movie but why couldn't the two cowgirls ride their horses to Canada to pursue their alternative lifestyle?

Why did they have to destroy their wives and children's lives?

8. What's the matter, you afraid you're going to spring a woody during the "tent" scene?

Great movie!

9. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, no, that's not my fear, at all. My fear is pure nausea. The kind I would experience if I watched a movie about copraphagia. To me, it's sickening. Sorry it wasn't simpler for ya.

10. The lauds won by this film show much about Americans' values: In America, a guy who desires to kill men is a "psychopath", thus sick; a man who desires to exploit other men is a "sociopath", thus sick; a guy who desires to suck another man's cock is normal such that all who label his condition as pathological are called by the media bigots.

What kind of people have convinced us that guys with warrior values are sick while depraved homos are normal?

#10     Mar 1, 2006