broke/ unemployed and out of options so i signed up for the military.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by economicZero, Jul 5, 2010.

1. I have some serious doubts whether this thread is not just tongue in cheek. But with your attitude and mental limitations, unemployment may look good compared to being in the military, especially Marines.

#31     Jul 5, 2010
  2. "yet another average joe who has an exagerrated view of their own intelligence and job marketability"

If his description of himself is accurate (not lying) he is very far from an "average joe". Average Joe is much more limited in ability and aspirations that most of you seem to realize.

Nothing at all wrong with "average joe" but before you use the term I suggest you look into who "average joe" actually is.

#32     Jul 5, 2010
  3. I'm going to guess you were an enlisted man. Yes, being enlisted sucks, I was one and I hated cleaning toilets, but ...

Officers have to be at the top of their form physically and mentally. They cannot have an attitude problem. Officers can get recalled into active duty much easier than an enlisted man. And their responsibility is much greater.

Because the original poster has a sizeable debt problem, it would be in his best interest to become an officer.

#33     Jul 5, 2010
  4. I wouldn't call it "a drop". A lot of these Democrat Congressmen have a problem giving military personnel a raise.

#34     Jul 5, 2010
  5. Killing an enemy that blends in with the civilian population is not easy. Try not to be influenced by media that is overwhelmingly leftist.

#35     Jul 5, 2010

6. :D

#36     Jul 5, 2010
  7. what enemy?? some illiterate cave dweller is an enemy of the united states because he has an ak/47 obviously protecting his cave from invaders... you think hes gonna get on his cardboard box and row his way over to attack the pearl harbor?

why not just let them harvest poppy plants? im certain more people have died from the US involvement in Iraq/ Afghanistan than OD'd from heroin.

if the government wants me to dig a ditch for 50k ill take it, kill some dude to protect American freedom, sure fuck it.

#37     Jul 5, 2010
  8. economiczero I agree with this assesment. Military service requires strong devotion to the mission and the chain of command. It does appear that you do not know what you want
    with respect to a career. All the education in the world cannot
    bridge this problem.
    I live fairly close to camp Pendleton, CA in San Diego and know
    many Marines as well as Navy. Marines, in particular, are adrenaline junkies to the extreme with respect to combat.
    Many career Marines recount military combat engagements with
    glee and excitement just as a pro football player would recount
    triumphs on the ball field. Unless you have this mindset best to stay clear of the military in general.

#38     Jul 5, 2010
  9. thats strange/disturbing.. i guess there is a supply/demand for war and death.. OK.. well im getting excited about that first paycheck and my signing bonus.. not exactly sure how much yet.. but feels good.

#39     Jul 5, 2010
  10. As to the firsth sentence of your OP.

I disagree.

You ARE an idiot.

Good luck making those around you miserable.

#40     Jul 5, 2010