Broke-- The New American Dream

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

For the film I talked with Jim Rogers, David Harding (Winton Capital), Eric Bolling, Salem Abraham, Bill Miller, Michael Mauboussin, Harry Markowitz (Nobel winner), Vernon Smith (Nobel winner), Jonathan Hoenig, Barry Ritholtz, Larry Hite, Kevin Bruce...to name a few. Also, since the film deals with "odds" looked at connections between trading and poker. Interviewed pro players Howard Lederer, Chris "Jesus" Ferguson, Paul Wasicka, Antonio Esfandiari and other players. Talked with ton of man in the streets too. Was shot in NYC, Baltimore, DC, Virginia, Miami, Orlando, Dallas, Vegas, San Diego, Tokyo, Singapore, Macau, and London.

#11     Nov 16, 2008
  2. what's the ETA on release?

#12     Nov 16, 2008
  3. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Can't comment on exact date yet Dave, but first 90 days of new year is a window. A fluid process!

#13     Nov 16, 2008
  4. I cannot wait for this flick.

#14     Nov 16, 2008
  5. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Thanks.

"Broke" points fingers at everyone for the current situation. Government, media, banks and brokers are all responsible for the mess. But, let's face it, the "average guy" is responsible too. For example, this film does not give the person who over-leveraged on a home they could not afford any excuses or phony hugs of sympathy. But at the end of the day, at the end of the film, the film hopefully will feel optimistic, for that was the intent. What can we all learn from these really bright and successful people whom I talked to? Answering that question is the hope the average person can look to.

#15     Nov 16, 2008
  6. subban

subban

I can't believe you interviewed that tool Timay Sikes in that trailer.

#16     Nov 16, 2008
  7. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

There is a very wide cross section of people in the film. Large diversity was a goal. I am sure some viewers will like some interviewees, and not others and that is normal. I will let the whole be judged once its out.

#17     Nov 16, 2008
  8. I'm just curious, but why is there so much Tim Sykes hate on this site? Did he like shoot somebody's dog and then piss on the dead corpse or something?

#18     Nov 16, 2008
  9. TGregg

TGregg

When and where can I watch this film?

#19     Nov 16, 2008
  10. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

That specific announcement is coming, but early new year is the window.

#20     Nov 16, 2008