Broke: The New American Dream - Backstory

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Trend Following, Jul 6, 2009.

1. "The Powers" = The Administration, Congress, Federal Reserve, Financial Services Industry, and Media.

And it IS "all about the money".

Who doesn't know this?

#11     Jul 9, 2009
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

Gotta get this! I loved the clips! Great topics, and well done!

I'm a S7 BROKE(r), and S66 IAR. Wish I could have been interviewed for the documentary!

I made a pretty good living several years ago. Since 2008, all I want to do is get back to broke.:( :D

Wife, three Sons, House payment, Cars, four rescued dogs, sports, etc., OUCH! Just getting back to being broke would be nice.

My take on it "Gordon Gecko/Buffet style" would be: "greed is good. BUT, know when everyone else is in greed mode, and go (run!) the opposite direction."

Of course, I'd want to give my take on 401(k)'s with Mutual Funds that molded like crazy the last two years. How can "Professional Managers" justify buying, holding, and watching their picks drop 20-60+%??????:confused: Oh, I forgot, they can't justify their insane fees sitting in cash. I.e., Greed...

#12     Jul 9, 2009
  3. +1 :D

#13     Jul 9, 2009
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

I would agree.

You would think that America would exercise COMMON SENSE, and take back the Country. Sadly, the "cool aid with valium" in it has been consumed, and the media loves to hand out the cups.

It IS all about the $$$$$, and common sense isn't common at all these days. Our Founding Fathers are flipping, and rolling around in their graves.

#14     Jul 9, 2009
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

LOL!!!! Gotta admit, our dogs live better than me.:( :D

I have one I'm training to run a Mutual Fund, and he's gaining alpha with every bark. The pitch: "we don't buy and hold dogs like most mutual funds do Mr./Mrs. Client. Our dog...er, 'fund manager':D actually has common sense, even though he's hard to understand at times."

LOL!!!!!!:D

#15     Jul 9, 2009